MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS

Xonar

gt70: Chipset feature isn't enabled :02: only main,advanced,boot,security and save&exit....

Glad to see everything was smooth.

Was the Chipset menu visible BEFORE?

I have uploaded a new one and hopefully it'll be enabled.

Thanks for testing Sephfire.

previously it was not visible

i've tested the new one, no change

i only need the: System Agent (SA) Configuration

Can you try flashing the stock MSI BIOS from their website and then flashing the unlocked one? I've found that reflashing the same version without any physical changes to the BIOS will not cause it to be rewritten, regardless of what AFUDOS says. After flashing the new unlocked version, unplug your CMOS to clear the BIOS to default and the Chipset tab should appear.

Edit: I have triple checked that Chipset and SA Config is unlocked. If you cannot get it to show up after doing what I wrote above, I can try another method.

What settings were you looking for under SA Config?

for i'v install the THX ,why it seems to perform not so well as before?

There is no difference in performance. You either flashed the wrong BIOS for your notebook or you're seeing things.

Hello do you have a (stable) modded bios for the ms-1762 whitebook? Because the links seem to be left blank in your post?

If you want i can provide you with the .rom file (both original and with slic 2.1 injected)?

Welcome to T|I! You need 5 quality posts to be able to download the attachments. It's part of the forum rules.

If you upload a clean ROM (reset to defaults in the BIOS please, no password, etc), I'll take a look.

I'm not interested in slic injecting atm, never was.

Sent from my Sensation

Welcome to T|I! You need 5 quality posts to be able to download the attachments. It's part of the forum rules.

If you upload a clean ROM (reset to defaults in the BIOS please, no password, etc), I'll take a look.

I'm not interested in slic injecting atm, never was.

Sent from my Sensation

Ok, thank you!!

The only reseted bios i have has SLIC 2.1 already injected in it, is that a problem?

Ok, thank you!!

The only reseted bios i have has SLIC 2.1 already injected in it, is that a problem?

You can always try the GT70 BIOS. I hear it works fine in the 1762.

My GT60 with .30E unlocked bios, but i fund that some options doesn't take effect, such as fan speed controller. What about yours?

Fan speed is controlled by the EC, whatever you put in the BIOS it gets overridden. Its kind of useless actually.

Sent from my Sensation

• Founder
can you send me gt683 bios file. I cant download while Im new user...

According to forum rules you need 5 QUALITY posts to be eligible for downloads. So far you are not doing very well...

Asylumized!

Does any one tried the DELL 7970m on GT60?

Not that I am aware of. People have tried it in the 16F2/GT683 and it works.

Please limit the discussion of this thread to the MSI BIOS. You should create a new thread for any unrelated questions. Thanks.

Hello Oxnar this is the info i pulled off my machine my bios version does not match exactly mine is Ver:3.0U. Is the .30Z or the 3.05 compatible with my board. I'm really only interested in the

- XMP RAM support (Up to 2133Mhz) [Warning: 4 DIMMs at 1866Mhz(+) may not be stable, 2 DIMMs are stable at 2133Mhz]. - TPL limits unlocked (With the combination of ThrottleStop, CPU throttling can be overcome).

System Information Time of this report: 8/5/2012, 21:46:26

Machine name: JASON-MSI Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505) Language: English (Regional Setting: English) System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. System Model: GT680R/GX680R/GT683R/GT683DXR/GX660DXR BIOS: MSI GT680R E16F2IMS Ver:3.0U 09/01/2011 MSI-Notebook Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz Memory: 16384MB RAM Available OS Memory: 16362MB RAM Page File: 2160MB used, 30560MB available Windows Dir: C:windows DirectX Version: DirectX 11 DX Setup Parameters: Not found User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent) System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Enabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2nd-Gen Core-i:

Retail:

MS-GT680/683(15.6''): .30Z MSI GT683 Unlocked.zip
MS-GT780/783(17''): .30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip

Whitebook:

MS-16F2(15.6''): 3.05 MSI MS-16F2 Unlocked.zip
MS-1761(17''): 3.06 MSI MS-1761 Unlocked.zip
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi everybodyim looking forward to test the unlocked gx740 bios on my x7811ill give feedback as soon as i gave it a try

Thanks.

I have a GT70-0NC and would love to test the unlocked BIOS so that I can enable Intel's virtualization technology for use with VMWare. Thank you!

Yes, you can enable/disable VT-x.

Hello Oxnar this is the info i pulled off my machine my bios version does not match exactly mine is Ver:3.0U. Is the .30Z or the 3.05 compatible with my board. I'm really only interested in the - XMP RAM support (Up to 2133Mhz) [Warning: 4 DIMMs at 1866Mhz(+) may not be stable, 2 DIMMs are stable at 2133Mhz].- TPL limits unlocked (With the combination of ThrottleStop, CPU throttling can be overcome).System InformationTime of this report: 8/5/2012, 21:46:26 Machine name: JASON-MSIOperating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120305-1505)Language: English (Regional Setting: English)System Manufacturer: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.System Model: GT680R/GX680R/GT683R/GT683DXR/GX660DXRBIOS: MSI GT680R E16F2IMS Ver:3.0U 09/01/2011 MSI-NotebookProcessor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHzMemory: 16384MB RAMAvailable OS Memory: 16362MB RAMPage File: 2160MB used, 30560MB availableWindows Dir: C:windowsDirectX Version: DirectX 11DX Setup Parameters: Not foundUser DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)System DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)DWM DPI Scaling: EnabledDxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2nd-Gen Core-i:

Retail:

MS-GT780/783(17''): .30H MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip

Whitebook:

MS-16F2(15.6''): 3.05 MSI MS-16F2 Unlocked.zip
MS-1761(17''): 3.06 MSI MS-1761 Unlocked.zip

You have a GT680/683 notebook. If you want the unlocked BIOS, flash this one:

This was the latest off MSI's website. It's just a version number.

EXCUSE ME, this gt60 unbios can OC CPU?

You can OC the BCLK by up to 4%. You cannot change the multipliers of an XM CPU.

Hi, new to the forum. Would it be possible for someone to send me the msi 1761 me the modded bios? Ive noticed the forum has a 5 post rule but im afraid i would have nothing constructive to say for 5 post's, it would be more like posting for the sake of posting until i could comment on the great bios work :). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gary,

First, welcome to T|I.

Second, unfortunately, the rules are what they are because of a massive influx of new users who create accounts just to leech the files (and then upload them to other sites). It's much easier for the devs to consolidate all information and testing in one place and this is the thread for it. I'm sure you can find four more posts to make; they don't have to be ground-breaking. As long as they add to the discussion they are considered good posts. Also, PM'ing is disabled for new users until they also reach 5 posts.

I hope to see you around and hear back on your testing once you've reached five posts!

Hi Xonar,

I just see you moved your files from notebookreview over here. I been trying to get an unlocked BIOS from you for my GT780DX. No succes so far, maybe now. :)

I read your post about the GTX 680M, any chances to get it work in my 780 in the near future.

4 more posts. :)