TERA Online Open Beta (free)

unreal25

Hi all,

I'll try out this game tomorrow as they have open beta test Fri to Sun. If you want to try it out download the client from the official website: News - TERA

or if you want to see how the game looks like check it out here:

t

It's like WoW, except that the combat is completely different (you aim) for more FPS-like and I think this is playable with a controller. I'll post back tomorrow after I get some first impressions. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Almost level 8 and so far I'm liking it. It's a typical MMO grind game where you go do quest X and get reward Y. But I do like the combat system vs games like WoW.

I am not going to be playing it. It got incredibly boring for me after only few hours of playing. I got to I think level 10 or 11 in beta and just purchased a mount. Keep in mind I leveled all the way with two of my friends, so I imagine I would have given up sooner if I was playing solo. :)

If you never played WoW, it might be neat. But then again, WoW might be better anyway (the leveling there is much more fun and there are end-game raids). In Tera you have pretty graphics and a combat system that uses targeting, but is imo a bit slow and slow to respond. This could probably be fixed by simply speeding up animations (by a factor of three at least).

Hmm well I have played WOW in past on a trial basis then with a group of friends... Got a warrior to about 50ish... the cost of these a month is rediculous... Between Tera and WOW they may cost the same. Comparing Tera to WOW I come to similar conclusion as Unreal that it is a different sort of combat system. I agree in Tera but I think WOW too the animations should be faster... It's all we do is wait in these games. Either way though... although you may not join Unreal if enough did join I would consider. Honestly though we need to see a game like these hosted for free and paid for by smarter ways. An MMO doesn't need to be as massive as real life... but it does need to be affordable and fun for a group of people.

Yep, monthly subscription system might be going away. But even if it was free to play I don't think I would play it. I guess I am burned out from WoW. I am more looking forward to Diablo3.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yep, monthly subscription system might be going away. But even if it was free to play I don't think I would play it. I guess I am burned out from WoW. I am more looking forward to Diablo3.

Diablo 3 is years late but I loved 1+2 :) so I am for 3!

:hell_boy:iablo III