Mousepads -- recommendations?

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of buying two mouse pads, one for home and one for work. I use mice or relatively low sensitivity, my G7 on about 800 DPI and Deathadder on (I think) 1000 DPI so I'd need a bigger mousepad preferably for speed.

For now, I used Razer Megasoma (too rough for me for Deathadder and G7 laser sensor doesn't track properly on it), Razer Goliathus Control (nice but gave it away + want something smoother), Razer Kabuto (garbage) and Alienware mouse pad that I use right now with Deathadder. Two problems with that mousepad is that even after 5-6 months usage its already worn out in the middle and its too small for me. ATM I use G7 on the smooth white wooden surface on my office desk. I would also prefer to stay away from expensive pads. Also, I'd like something that's not too soft and has a nice big area.

So basically I am curious what you guys are using and do you have recommendations?

Ok, well my standard much loved recommendation is the goliathus control edition. :77:

If that's too rough and you want a big area, the Xtrac Ripper XXL should be plenty big enough - XTracPads

If that's TOO big, one of my friends uses the Roccat Taito in 45cm x 37cm, it has a similar super smooth finish. It is available in 3mm and 5mm thicknesses, the 3mm feels quite hard to the touch (though it is still padded).

By the way, I believe the goliathus speed editions have that sort of smooth surface if you can check one out.

• Thumbs Up 4

Heya so...

I eventually ended up ordering Razer Scarab from youtube as it is a very hard surface and it has decent reviews. Hoping that it may help other people, here are the other good surfaces I found but decided to pass (and the reasons why):

- Razer Goliathus (I had control edition). Feels good, but I don't want cloth.

- XTRAC Ripper (cloth, even tho top rated on newegg) - Razer Ironclad (lots of people complain it "peels" very quickly, more than 50% reviews on newegg is 1 or 2 eggs)

- Steelseries QCK+ (cloth)

- Alugraphics GamerPro XXL (review: Alugraphics GamerPro XXL mousepad review vs Razer Destructor comparation too expensive; ships from Germany) -

- Puretrak Talent: I "heard" lots of pro gamers use this one but based on youtube video review, looked too soft as well.

Other I heard that are good (by browsing on overclock.net):

- Corepad C1 cloth

I think all of these are really good and I might go with another one: XTRAC Ripper (due to low price of $18) for my office for G7 (it doesn't track well on Megasoma). I would say the choice is more a matter of taste and maybe how sensitive you use the mouse. I use the mouse at relatively low (1000) DPI and just prefer a smoother and hard mousepad so went with Scarab mainly because it has great reviews and a similar surface (Fractal 2.0) to Razer Destructor that my friend has and is very good quality.

I have the Rocketfish Dual Sided mousepad.. (its similar to the Razer Vespula). Its for hardcore gaming. The surface control is AMAZING! I got it a while back at Best Buy and I actually got two of them for the price of one. Its large, its bulky but it fits on my lapdesk. Construction is metal so its heavier than most pads. Take Care, StevenX