Benching an SSD

Hi friends,I just had a quick question; if you benchmark an SSD a lot can it cause sequential write times to go down quite a bit? Also how do you know if TRIM is enabled? I have W7 64 in AHCI. Thanks.

Edited by usmc362

• Founder

Benching the drive too much isn't recommended. I however fail to see how some benches here and there would affect the drive speeds.

To check if trim is enabled from an elevated command prompt run :

fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify

You should either receive

DisableDeleteNotify = 0

which means TRIM is enabled

or

DisableDeleteNotify = 1

which means it's disabled

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks @Michael you are very good with these commands and a lot of the SSD optimizations :) love your guide on lowering boot time and useless windows features unused by SSD's :) I'll need this command to test if trim is working on the latest Intel raid controller driver etc The new one that brings trim to raid has finally been released is it too good to be true?

I haven't been following the state of affairs with irst. Are you saying it finally supports trim for raided drives?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

yeah here i found an article that speaks of it... not sure the driver now that i look is full available or not yet...?

Intel Brings TRIM Support to RAID 0 with RST 11.5 - HardwareZone.com[News]-Intel%2BBrings%2BTRIM%2BSupport%2Bto%2BRAID%2B0%2Bwith%2BRST%2B11.5&utm_medium=referral