AMD based graphics switching doesn't work???

wow that's crazy man I had no idea the issue was so rampant and the issue is only with Logitech :o

I doubt its gonna get fixed either. AMD and Logitech will probably just play the blame game.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2

I got an email from logitech and they said AMD won't work with them to fix this issue. They are still working on it and have a test system they are trying to figure it out but I don't see anything any time soon. when things setting down for me I will see what I can find out.

I got an email from logitech and they said AMD won't work with them to fix this issue. They are still working on it and have a test system they are trying to figure it out but I don't see anything any time soon. when things setting down for me I will see what I can find out.

Good to know and thanks for the info it would be nice of this gets resolved soon, but I don't have my hopes up

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk 2

I feel like I threw 30 bucks out the window with this mouse. It has all these nice extra buttons and I can't use em. This is now the second Logitech mouse I don't like after using them over all others. Now I need to find a new mouse that works great with a left hander and has extra buttons.

Hi Staff Sargent,

What might be going on is that the Logitech software is using a fancy interface that might be using the GPU to render stuff and maybe that's why it doesn't switch back. Can you switch between GPUs if you simply close the Logitech Software? (make sure it's not running through the Task Manager)

• Thumbs Up 2

Unreal awesome idea/thought! Very possible it is rendering like you said. Not only will you need to check for processes run by it but also check under "services" perhaps you will need to stop a service too or even a service of it may reopen the process you closed in which you'll have to stop said service.

Well great news if I turn off the software it works fine, have not restarted or shut down which if running will cause it not to work at all even after uninstalling the software so I will have to only use it when I want to play a game or something. First good news I have had in a while. Now to find some $$$$ so I don't have to sell this alien to pay my bills.

update 1, well as long as the software isn't running when i switch graphics or do any type of restart all is good. I had to disable to auto startup of the software and it has no services to worry about.

unreal like you said its most likely the interface, its pretty fancy so it must not stop the render when minimized to the tray. I contacted logitech with the findings and hope they update the software. I was playing BF3 last night (just getting my rank up) and kept trying to use my old button setup now I can get back to playing normally again and only use the gaming software for when I am gaming. The extra buttons are nice in surfing the web but I can live without it. at least now I have a fully working gaming mouse again!

Thank you so much for the idea, the way me brain is right now I wouldn't have thought of this idea

Edited by Staff Sargent

Great! :)

I don't like any of these fancy mice drivers but I guess you need to be able to use all the features you want. The way I use a mouse is following this guide: The Truthful Mouse Guide . I use standard Windows drivers, even though I did install Razer drivers for Deathadder first to setup the precise DPI; I think it's at 1000 DPI now (then uninstalled). Also you may want to try to disable any kind of mouse acceleration (in Windows the option is called "Enhance Pointer Precision"). Ironically, with that option turned off I found that my precision has increased SUBSTANTIALLY! Also, do not ever change the default setting for Mouse Sensitivity in Windows. If you want more/less sensitive mouse always change the DPI setting. I don't even use the mouse acceleration on my ThinkPad trackpoint either.

It might feel weird at first, but once you get used it -- there is no going back. It's one of those things. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

the logitech gaming software isn't a driver is strictly for setting up the 9 buttons on the mouse and the DPI etc. I have 3 different settings I can pick while gaming. I have it set so depending on what I am doing in BF3 the buttons do different things. I just looked at my mouse settings in windows and like you I don't have anything set but its always been like that for me, maybe that's why I can shoot people better with the M4a1 in games better LOL.

I was just in the software and found a check box for enable enhanced graphics and unchecked it and what do you know graphic switching still works even with the software running. Problem 100% solved. personally I can't even see the difference but it doesn't matter its not like I look at that software daily anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

Awesome!

Since Logitech made this software, one would think that this would be pretty obvious to them. It's funny right... these days you get far better support from random people on internet forums then from the companies like Logitech. :P

I thought the option was there for the rendering of the profile game icons not the software itself. Personally I don't see a difference in the images in the software so its a total win for me.

i am so happy you have it all worked out and now fully usable as intended. So yeah it seems that option simply uses GPU Hardware acceleration to run the mouse softwares GUI... like Windows AERO... so glad they give you the option ;) I've seen stuff like Curse Client use a Hardware Accelerated custom GUI... and they also allow it to be disabled... glad Unreal suggested it and you figured it out.