Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s/ T540 / E440 / E540 unlocked BIOS menu / wlan / wi-fi whitelist mod

Klem

• Bios Modder

In this thread you can post your requests for Lenovo ThinkPad T440p / T440s / T540p / E440 / E540.

If someone wants upgrade Wi-Fi card and remove whitelist, or unlock hidden additional menus and settings in bios setup menu, and sign unlocked bios with digital RSA signature (to avoid 5 beeps problem), then you can post your request in this thread.

Important!

For creating bios backup and to flash bios mod, you must use any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip!

Just dump your Bios using any SPI programmer  (like CH341A programmer) and a SOIC8/SOP8 test clip, then post it in this thread or upload it to any fileserver and send me the link.

CH341A.jpg

T440p.jpg

• Thumbs Up 5

• Bios Modder
  • 1 month later...

Hello Klem!

I recently acquired a Lenovo T440P, and would appreciate if you could help me get the WLAN whitelist removed, as well as the Advanced Menu unlocked.

I used a SPI programmer CH341A to dump my BIOS from W25Q32FV chip.

The dump i sent you via PM.

Thanks, and I appreciate any help! 

• Bios Modder
34 minutes ago, MilkyWay said:

Hello Klem!

I recently acquired a Lenovo T440P, and would appreciate if you could help me get the WLAN whitelist removed, as well as the Advanced Menu unlocked.

I used a SPI programmer CH341A to dump my BIOS from W25Q32FV chip.

The dump i sent you via PM.

Thanks, and I appreciate any help! 

Hi!

Ok. Your bios mod done. Check PM.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, Klem!

I used my ch341a_spi to dump my bios from my W25Q32.V chip in my T440p. I just sent you the BIOS dump via pm. Would you be able to modify it to get both the unlocked BIOS menu added and the WLAN whiteless removed?

Thank you!

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, Tuxiee said:

Hi, Klem!

I used my ch341a_spi to dump my bios from my W25Q32.V chip in my T440p. I just sent you the BIOS dump via pm. Would you be able to modify it to get both the unlocked BIOS menu added and the WLAN whiteless removed?

Thank you!

Hi!

Ok. Your bios mod done. Check PM.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bios Modder
3 hours ago, karthik sha said:

Hi,

I have Lenovo T440P, It has been locked with Supervisor password on BIOS chip winbond 25Q32FVSIQ (1414). Is there a way to remove the password, so that i can enable Wireless LAN in BIOS setup.

Thanks,

Karthik sha

Hi!

No, unfortunately unlocked bios can't help you with Supervisor password.

Hi, I've got the SPI programmer and tried to dump the bios, but the clip was constantly 'sliding' off of the chip.. I'd assume there's enough space to get a grip without removing the whole base cover, but right now I am not sure if the issue is with my fatty fingers or do I really need to disassemble it to get the clear access to the mobo? 

• Bios Modder
8 minutes ago, cuapy said:

Hi, I've got the SPI programmer and tried to dump the bios, but the clip was constantly 'sliding' off of the chip.. I'd assume there's enough space to get a grip without removing the whole base cover, but right now I am not sure if the issue is with my fatty fingers or do I really need to disassemble it to get the clear access to the mobo? 

Hi!

Unfortunately, I can't remotely help you connect the SOIC8 clip to the BIOS chip. If you can't connect, and you see that something prevents you connect, you can try to disassemble the laptop.

Edited by Klem

Was rather thinking that someone who dumped it would chime in and tell whether they had to remove the bottom base or not :) Thanks, will tear it apart tonight and will get back to you when I have the dump. Thanks! 

OK I was able to dump the bios, send you a PM. 

Edited by cuapy
bios dumped successfully.

• Bios Modder
3 hours ago, TuxMux said:

Hi I have a dump of the bios (ver 2.51) is it possible to modify it to remove the whitelist and get the advanced menu? 

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys & modder,

I am about to buy SPI programmer and test clip to flash my bios. I am doing this to enable my laptop to install egpu.

My lenovo t440p is the one with core i5-4200u.

Just checking if the thread is still active (if there is any reply after my post :p)

I'll attach the dump later.

Thanks!!

• Bios Modder
1 hour ago, villium said:

Hi guys & modder,

I am about to buy SPI programmer and test clip to flash my bios. I am doing this to enable my laptop to install egpu.

My lenovo t440p is the one with core i5-4200u.

Just checking if the thread is still active (if there is any reply after my post :p)

I'll attach the dump later.

Thanks!!

Hi!

Yes of course this thread is still active. When you create your dump, you can post it here with your request.

2 minutes ago, Klem said:

Hi!

Yes of course this thread is still active. When you create your dump, you can post it here with your request.

Thanks man, I am waiting for the programmer and clip to be shipped :D

Fortunately I found local seller in my area. I'll post it as soon as I can make dump of the bios!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, did anyone have any issues using flashrom via linux seems... ch341a_spi is supported https://www.flashrom.org/Supported_hardware#Supported_chipsets

Curious if all these cheap ch341 programmers are all the same, and behave the same for flashrom to pickup the usb device correctly.

I also found this debian based program https://github.com/setarcos/ch341prog - but if the more widely used flashrom works, may as well use that.

Edited by onsit

Hello Support,

I have a T440p Lenovo laptop, and forgotten the BIOS Super password, please can you advise if BIOS password can be removed?

What will be the procedure, will it require opening the laptop motherboard etc or just through software programming?
Can I do it myself if you provide steps and instructions?
How much will the service cost and how much time will it take to unlock the laptop?

Thanking in advance for your response.

• Bios Modder
On 12/30/2018 at 9:53 AM, zeeshany said:
Hello Support,

I have a T440p Lenovo laptop, and forgotten the BIOS Super password, please can you advise if BIOS password can be removed?

What will be the procedure, will it require opening the laptop motherboard etc or just through software programming?
Can I do it myself if you provide steps and instructions?
How much will the service cost and how much time will it take to unlock the laptop?

Thanking in advance for your response.

Hi!

No, I don't work with any passwords.

Edited by Klem
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my wifi card and access the hidden bios settings.

I have uploaded a bios dump here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqkkap4vcptze6o/t440p.zip?dl=0

I've upgraded the CPU to a 4810MQ already and plan on installing OS X. Please advise if there are any other BIOS tweaks you would recommend.  Thank you so much for your help!

• Bios Modder
5 hours ago, adamchilders said:

Hi, I'd like to upgrade my wifi card and access the hidden bios settings.

I have uploaded a bios dump here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqkkap4vcptze6o/t440p.zip?dl=0

I've upgraded the CPU to a 4810MQ already and plan on installing OS X. Please advise if there are any other BIOS tweaks you would recommend.  Thank you so much for your help!

Hi!

Ok. Check PM.