CPU performance

Thumper_23

I have a 2960XM and lately it performs better at stock clocks than when I overclock it using XTU and the modded A08 Bios.Maybe it's worn out and needs a replacement. If and when I do replace it I'll get a 2920 instead of a 2960.Any thoughts?

In my signature click 2920xm guide compare my results to yours and see if you may need less volts at the higher overclock but basically that chart shows what you asked because temps are so good 43x at 0flex on 8thread is one of the fastest and if you can handle temps higher can be used... The temps rule this processor and it will slow down when too hot even if its been overclocked high it may be running slower so what your experiencing is the fact sometimes wkth these chips a lower overclock gets more done than one that throttles or drops for a temps, b power restraints watts and amps or c flex or turbo overvoltage is so high its causing watts and amps to raise above limit and when it cant the speed also drops.... Post some stats or configurations or pics we can see whats going on... Unless your freezing excessively your cpu shouldnt be damaged or worn.... I put a 2920xm through some major 100c temps and the cpu never died or degraded... Using the max available volts on the chios has not shown signs of great degredation over time i have feeling its because the volts available are not too much for these cpus.

Well I repasted CPU and GPU with this stuff called Tuniq TX4 and I must say I'm getting some great results. I broke 18K on Vantage and I got well over 26K on 3DMark06.Has anyone else used or heard of this product?

.Has anyone else used or heard of this product?

I read an article some place that compared 17 different pastes and this was included and they really liked it. I was thinking about getting some myself but since i don't OC and the temps are pretty good I am not in a rush to do it.

I read an article some place that compared 17 different pastes and this was included and they really liked it. I was thinking about getting some myself but since i don't OC and the temps are pretty good I am not in a rush to do it.

id agree SSG if it isnt broken don't fix it :) i had repasted my last M18x and twice first time was cooler than stock paste job but the second came out worse than both. Dells paste is made to last longer than a paste. So if temps are even leave as is its easy to not get these high performance systems repasted worse than stock. Otherwise ive seen real bad paste jobs and they do warrant changing it yourself. I may leave my replacement on the dell paste temps look good for me too.

Tunic looks really good great temp drop over competition