m17x R4 Creative Recon 3Di

Being an Audiophile i had to get all the functions up and running for my Almost new R4

How to get updated driver.. and Thx control panel to work under windows 10 64 bit (who has 32 installed on an R4 anyways)

I have DDU disabled always, Windows 10 in Test mode.

Do this after all the other drivers/apps are updated, NVIDIA, Visual C etc.

Fix:

1.:ownload the latest driver for the Recon 3Di chip itself. This specific driver package is for a later revision that has another firmware on the effect side so the Control Panel does not work.

But we are not after that here, we need the latest driver so it will work optimally in W10.

http://www.dell.com/support/home/no/no/nobsdt1/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=D6NF4

2.: Thx Control panel:

Download the standard Audio driver package M17x R4 / M18x R2

https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00384156M/2/Audio_Creative_W74_5NJ7K_A01-Setup_ZPE.exe

3.: Right click the exe file and extract the contects to a random folder.

Go to Program files\Creative\Sound Blaster Recon3Di\Sound Blaster Recon3Di Control Panel

Copy the contents of this folder over to Program Filesx86\Creative

Make a shortcut to the desktop. Run it, and you have control over all settings :) 

(optional) Delete the Newer Recon 3Di control panel folder if you installed that with the newer package that does not recognise the older Chip.

• 5 months later...