Nvidia GTX680M 4G VRAM for Alienware M17XR4

dogs

2 hours ago, Henrik9979 said:

Any news?

Hi Henrik,

I have sent the card back as faulty but not heard anything back from them yet.

I have the 680M installed at the moment and am very happy with that at the moment.

i will see what i will do when the new card arrives back.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dogs said:

Hi Henrik,

I have sent the card back as faulty but not heard anything back from them yet.

I have the 680M installed at the moment and am very happy with that at the moment.

i will see what i will do when the new card arrives back.

It has not arrived yet? Hasn't it been a long time since you send it back?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Henrik,

I got a reply from Eurocom and it looks like i caused the damage to the card when installing it. So I've just blown close to a grand for nothing :(

This is the reply from Eurocom:

Mark our technician has taken a look at your video card and has found that two corners of the die on the video card in question have been crushed.  I have attached photos to this email.

Damage like this is done when the video card is installed into the notebook and the heatsink is installed with either too much or uneven pressure.  As both corners on the same side are damaged, I would guess the latter.  When this happens the card will work for a short time and then will fail after it has been heated and cooled several times, causing the cracks to expand.  This fits your case to a tee.  As a result of this damage, the manufacturer will not replace the card under warranty.

We have two ways we can proceed from here…

We can send your video card off to the manufacturer and have them replace the die with a fully functioning die.  This would take 2 weeks or so and assuming the card can be repaired will cost $175.00 plus shipping.  The other option is we can return the damaged card back to you as is.

Please be aware that before we ship any video card out, each card is fully inspected and tested to ensure they are in perfect working order.  In this case the die was damaged when the installation was attempted.

On 12/9/2016 at 6:21 PM, dogs said:

Hi Henrik,

I got a reply from Eurocom and it looks like i caused the damage to the card when installing it. So I've just blown close to a grand for nothing :(

This is the reply from Eurocom:

Mark our technician has taken a look at your video card and has found that two corners of the die on the video card in question have been crushed.  I have attached photos to this email.

Damage like this is done when the video card is installed into the notebook and the heatsink is installed with either too much or uneven pressure.  As both corners on the same side are damaged, I would guess the latter.  When this happens the card will work for a short time and then will fail after it has been heated and cooled several times, causing the cracks to expand.  This fits your case to a tee.  As a result of this damage, the manufacturer will not replace the card under warranty.

We have two ways we can proceed from here…

We can send your video card off to the manufacturer and have them replace the die with a fully functioning die.  This would take 2 weeks or so and assuming the card can be repaired will cost $175.00 plus shipping.  The other option is we can return the damaged card back to you as is.

Please be aware that before we ship any video card out, each card is fully inspected and tested to ensure they are in perfect working order.  In this case the die was damaged when the installation was attempted.

I'm sorry to hear that. It's sound like you have been very unlucky. :( 
At least we tried to fix it our self but physical damage is way out of my league. Sorry.

But what is your plan now? Just stick with your 680 card or are you willing pay for the repair and try again?