GTA V issue - Lenovo X220 + GTX670@4Gbps+c-EC2

Sirios

Hello everybody,

The title, GTA5 not work with <strike>eGPU systems</strike> my system. I start the game with admin rights, splash screen (GTA V) appears, then disappears, then nothing happens.

That is it. :(

Sad.

The problem you describe may not have anything to do with using an eGPU setup (still could be, but the problem you describe seems familiar to other posts). Many users have reported problems launching GTA V and then suddenly nothing happening anymore. The problem could be related to your username or computername containing some special characters. Rockstar is currently working on a patch to fix that. Take a look at this thread for more information.

I have played GTA V for the past couple of days on my eGPU setup without any problems (Macbook Pro 15" mid 2014 - eGPU GTX770).

I start the game with admin rights, splash screen (GTA V) appears, then disappears, then nothing happens.

That is it. :(

This youtube video of GTA V has it running on a mPCIe2 eGPU system using a PE4C V2.1. Same bandwidth as your X220. @<u><a href="http://forum.techinferno.com/member.php?u=26812" target="_blank">juniordiscart</a></u> is spot on.

Window's account name is my name and surname written like "Gordon Freeman".

I have tried to disable eGPU and start GTA V and then Enable it again, but it did not help. I am playing on Steam.

Any workarounds? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.