plutomaniac

Clevo W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx series Modded & Stock BIOS [Mods]

Clevo W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx series Modded & Stock BIOS

Note: This thread is no longer updated. You can find the latest info HERE.

Notice: Make sure you have downloaded the correct Mod for your specific model and that the laptop's or a UPS battery backup is present during the update process.

Disclaimer: I do not hold any responsibility for any problems that may occur by using the mods in a wrong way. Remember that you flash these at your own risk. I have personally tested the W25xHNx mod. Since the laptops mentioned here are of the same series and thus almost identical, you shouldn't face any problems with the rest of them. The same changes were made to all models after ensuring that their stock counterparts are identical to the tested W25xHNx laptop.

Note: All mods contain both the Modded and Stock BIOS image files so that you can go back in case you want to. Use Mod.bat or Stock.bat at a DOS environment respectively. Check the Flashing Guide below for detailed instructions.

W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx Mod Changelog:

v1.2

Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 29 --> 2D

v1.1

Intel Management Engine 1.5MB firmware 7.1.60.1193 --> 7.1.80.1214
Intel HD Graphics 3000 vBios 2170 --> 2171
Updated flashers to AFUDOS v3.07.01 and FWUpdate v7.1.50.1166

v1.0

Intel Management Engine 1.5MB firmware 7.0.4.1197 --> 7.1.60.1193
Intel HD Graphics 3000 vBios 2117 --> 2170
JMicron JMC25x Gigabit Ethernet Controller 1.0.9.0 --> 1.0.10.0
Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 12 --> 29
Removed redundant Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 14
Added support for Intel Core i7-2820QM ES/QS processor (W25xHPW)
Fixed grammar mistake at Resuming from Hibernation image
Fixed spelling mistakes at Advanced tab (Alart --> Alarm)
Merged BIOS & EC firmware into a single image file
Correct BIOS version & date reported in Windows

Clevo W25xHNx series BIOS v1.01.07 & EC v1.00.06 [Mod v1.2]

FXmnonP.png

Supported Models (*): W251HNQ, W251HNQ-C, W255HN, W253HNQ1, W253HNQ, W258HNQ etc...

Clevo W25xHPx series BIOS v1.01.07 & EC v1.00.08 [Mod v1.2]

hDj5fzj.png

Supported Models (*): W251HPQ, W251HPQ-C, W255HP, W253HPQ1, W253HPQ, W258HPQ etc...

Clevo W27xHNx series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.04 [Mod v1.2]

HZvAf24.png

Supported Models (*): W270HNQ etc...

Clevo W27xHPx series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.05 [Mod v1.2]

12UoWNB.png

Supported Models (*): W270HPQ etc...

Clevo W25xHPW series BIOS v1.01.05 & EC v1.00.04 [Mod v1.2]

ejZ0d6h.png

Supported Models (*): W251HPW, W255HPW, W258HPW, W253HPW1, W253HPW etc...

Flashing Guide (Text & Video):

1. Create a bootable MSDOS/FreeDOS USB flash-drive using Rufus

2. Copy all files relevant to your model at the USB flash-drive's root directory

3. Plug the USB flash drive at your laptop's USB 2.0 port

4. Restart and press F2 to enter BIOS to make sure that you do not have any BIOS or HDD password protection

5. Restart and press F7 to enter the Boot Order menu at which select your USB flash drive

6a. To update your BIOS & EC to the latest modded version, type Mod

6b. To update your BIOS & EC to the latest stock version, type Stock

7. Follow the easy on-screen prompts to finish the update process

8. The first time after the update, the laptop will boot and automatically restart quickly

9. Press F2 to enter BIOS and Load Setup Defaults followed by Save Changes and Reset

10. You have successfully updated your BIOS & EC to the latest modded/stock versions

Spoiler

(*) As shown at Clevo Bios Mirror and laptop Service Manuals

Special thanks to Lordkag for the help and advice.

Edited by plutomaniac

New Clevo W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx series BIOS Mods

v1.1

• Intel Management Engine firmware from v7.1.60.1193 (31/08/2012) --> v7.1.80.1214 (23/07/2013)
  • Intel HD Graphics 3000 vBios from v2170 (07/08/2013) --> v2171 (08/12/2014)
  • Updated flashers to AFUDOS v3.07.01 and FWUpdate v7.1.50.1166
Edited by plutomaniac

s.o.s NEED HELP  :hi everyone  ! i have been flashing bios on a w251hnq and i had a power supply failure due the procces ,so i have corrupted bios . now only black screen,power lights and fan works, is there a way to fix this or just sent it  to rubbish?

New Clevo W2xxHNx/W2xxHPx series BIOS Mods

v1.2

• Intel Sandy Bridge 206A7 CPU microcode 29 --> 2D

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By fs7halkx2
      Hi,

I own gx740 with i5-430m, 4GB RAM, and I planned to do some upgrades.

Currently I did:
      - upgrade SSD, move HDD to dvd drive space
      - have some unlocked bios (but didn't found usage for it currently)
      - have modified vbios but not sure if the values I've used are good

I was thinking about:
      - upgrading CPU to i7-640M
      - upgrading RAM (not sure which will fit)

I would like to also:
      - fix broken/cracked frame around screen, but it wont be easy and cheap I guess?
      - replace screen to something brighter (?) but this will probably not be worth the cost

1) What do you guys think about it? Is it even worth?
      2) I've also see something like 'grain effect' moving grey stripes on same page elements (long time I remember it could be related to faulty bios/vbios)?
    • By grechie
      Hi All,

I picked up a Dell 680m - vBIOS 80.04.5B.00.02 - I think it is a 2GB version after doing some photo comparisons online.

After doing some research I fitted it into my Clevo P150HM hoping it would work, but and I get no POST, the LCD screen is blank, the HDD light does show activity but after ~ 15 seconds or so, 3 blinking lights appear on the left (power light, caps and insert buttons?) and the computer beeps about 4 times before it completely powers off.

I'm guessing that I'm going to need to flash it to a clevo bios since the clevo bios doesn't recognise the dell vBIOS?

I am running the latest 1.01.14 bios and 1.00.13 EC firmware for my P150hm.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do? I thought i would at least get a POST but then struggle with the driver installation but i cant even get it to POST...

Thanks!

• By FirebirdTA01
      Hi everyone, I have an unusual request. I have an i7-3940xm in my M17xr4 and it's difficult to keep cool. I have already done the m14x fan mod and I'm using Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal compound... it's just not enough. The CPU is constantly being throttled (my bios settings in a11 unlocked are set to throttle it 85 C) when under load, and it will sometimes see temperatures in the mid to high 90s. The maximum operating temperature is rated at 105C, and I have a thermal shutdown set in bios for 100C, which it hasn't yet reached (but it gets scary close).  Even when throttled, it's still an upgrade and runs better then the stock 3630qm, but I don't wan't it to throttle all of the time. I know I could underclock it, but what's the point of having an upgraded CPU if you're just going to downclock it to similar specs as the original (baring cache, of course). At idle, by the way, it jumps around mid 50s to high 60s.

Anyway, to keep it cool, I want to try using a peltier cooler. They're thermoelectric ceramic devices of which one side gets hot and the other gets cold when an electric current goes through them, for those who didn't already know. I figure I can sandwich it between my cpu and the heatsink and try to help keep the cpu's temps a little more reasonable. I have one of a workable size which can withstand temps of up to 135C, and I've done the math with it's specs so that it hopefully knocks 25ish degrees off while at full load and not overheat the peltier doing so. This leads me to my question/request; I need to know if anyone would know a place on the motherboard which supplies voltage when the laptop is running, but not when it's off, whether or not the charger/battery is connected? I have found a few good sources on the MB which can withstand the drain, but they're always hot, even when the laptop is off. I have a multimeter and have been probing, but I don't want to disassemble half the laptop and attempt running it in pieces to verify a good source. If no one knows off hand or has any idea, does anyone know of any schematics or files which exist which contain voltage information of various contacts on the m17x r4 motherboard?

I know this is a strange request and most will not be able to assist, but before taking it all the way apart to probe around I thought I would at least ask. I'll make a write-up on how it's done and how well it works if it's successful, as well as a controller circuit if necessary using a teensy 2.0 or something.
    • By AMan
      Hi,

I recently bought the new Toshiba RC100 m.2 2242 NVMe SSD for my Lenovo Y510p which has an m.2 port in it.
      After installation the SSD wasn't showing up in my BIOS and also not on my OS Win 10 disk management. So I did a bit of research and installed mod BIOS for my Y510p by following the steps in the link: ( https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/forums/topic/3546-lenovo-y410p-y510p-unlocked-bios-wlan-whitelist-mod-vbios-mod/ )
      There are a lot more options in the BIOS menu now.
      Even after doing the mod it's not showing up. The SSD works on my friend's "new 2017 dell gaming laptop" which has m.2 ssd support in it. I don't know what exactly to configure my BIOS to make it work. I've just done some hit-and-trial configs which have eventually failed.
      If someone can help solve it Pleasee!!

P.S. : I can share all the available options available in the BIOS if required.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.