Asus GTX 760 Not Detected

Phot3k

Hey Guys,

I sold my Asus GTX 760 DirectCUII OC on ebay around two months ago, the guy reported it as not working even though I had previously used it without problems from new. Just received it back today to check for myself why it is not working but I have a new build from what I used the card before. Currently running an AMD 7850K APU with no dedicated card except for the 760 I just got back.

There is power as shown by the green LED, the fans are spinning at max but the card is not detected as the buyer first reported. I have tried connecting via HDMI and DVI to VGA. The six pin power is plugged into my Corsair RM650 PSU, which is obviously more than sufficient. The card is seated and fixed in slot correctly as repeated this twice to make sure. Done a BIOS reset by removing battery, disabled the onboard graphics in BIOS to allow for PCI to take over. I am using the Gigabyte GA-F2A88XN-WIFI Mini-ITX so there is only one PCI-E slot.

I can only think that the card has been flashed or voltages run too high by this guy and therefore rendered the card useless, there is no physical damage ruling out courier damage in transit. I doubt of any liquid damage since there is no signs of residue and the card powers on fine.

Any ideas? Anyway to detect the card outside of windows device manager such as some software or in DOS? Can I flash the card or check it's status even though it's not detected?

Thinking to just RMA it to Asus but that will take a ridiculous amount of time.

Thanks.

Try contacting Asus with your problem maybe they'll be able to help you out. I know I was having a problem with my power supply and my EVGA board when I fist bought it. The over voltage protection just kept tripping. Called in and they told me that the PSU I was trying to use wasn't fully compatible with the board, there had been known issues. They sent me over a check that paid the restocking fee I had to pay for returning the PSU. I also I have a Asus laptop and there customer services department has always been very useful.