Display Port working with clevo 7970m

nylon

i finally have a working display port with my clevo 7970m.

i never got it working with all dell vbios (mainly 015.017).

after having my 7970m bricked, i got a vbios chip from svl7 with the 015.019 clevo vbios.

et voila, DP works!!

since most of the clevo 7970m card owners have that problem, they may give it a shot/flash and try!

clevo7970m_015019.zip

at this point once again: thanks svl7!

• Thumbs Up 1

Just to clarify something, though I think I have mentioned it before, I had several Clevo 7970m in my system and I got DisplayPort to work with all vbios versions except the MSI and the Clevo HM vbios, therefore I think the problem could be motherboard related, there might be different revisions.

Nevertheless it's worth a try if you don't have DP working.

Just to clarify something, though I think I have mentioned it before, I had several Clevo 7970m in my system and I got DisplayPort to work with all vbios versions except the MSI and the Clevo HM vbios, therefore I think the problem could be motherboard related, there might be different revisions.

Nevertheless it's worth a try if you don't have DP working.

yes svl7, you did mention it a lot of times and since your techwords are techlaws i was so afraid i just had a m15x with some mobo that couldn't handle DP with the clevo.

but i have to say, i'm glad that, there is a little exception now ;)

Do you have to use a Alienware / Dell Display Port adapter or will any brand DP adapter be fine ?

actually i have no idea, but i really think other should be fine as well. i have got the aw/dell one myself, so i can't tell..

Do you have to use a Alienware / Dell Display Port adapter or will any brand DP adapter be fine ?

Any will do, I'm using a cheap DP to HDMI cable.

• 9 months later...

Hello guys, sorry to bump this old thread, but I'm just searching for info and I haven't found any other thread about this subject. I bought a Clevo P151EM1 less than 2 years ago and I've been using it with my 7970m with no problems whatsoever. Unfortunately my HDMI out broke and I don't really want to send it back to the reseller to have it back in I don't know how many months. I tried to buy a Displayport to HDMI video adapter converter but, as you can imagine, it doesn't work. My TV "feels" like something is connected, but on my laptop it's like nothing's happening. I don't have a Displayport out to check if it works without the adapter.

I tried updating my laptop's bios but nothing changed. I think you know more than me about this issue so I'll try to ask: should a different vbios help me? How can i check what rev is mine? (I'm reading of a 015.017 but I can't find this kind of numbers anywhere)

I did edit my vbios to overclock the card, moths ago. Could that be part of the problem?

Thank you!