This is a modified version of the M17x R3 BIOS A10, it brings back the SATA behavior of A08 and earlier, while keeping the features of BIOS A10.

A lot of users don't seem very happy with the changes Dell made to the SATA performance of BIOS A09 and up, thus I created this BIOS. Just keep in mind one thing: Dell probably didn't change the corresponding settings in the BIOS for no reason, so it's possible that certain drives may have issue with this BIOS, I don't know.

According to a lot R3 users, A08 brings a clearly better SATA performance on a wide variety of drives. It's up to you to decide what you need and what you want to use. Now you have the choice.

Download link for BIOS A10 with the 'SATA fix', and unlocked hidden menus:

M17x R3 BIOS A10 - unlocked & 'SATA fix'

Read the included READ ME for further information and instructions.

Load the default settings in the BIOS setup after flashing.

User at your own risk.

• Thumbs Up 5

It also fixes GPU power throttle if you blind flash from the A04 BIOS 580M method.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Lyency
      bonjour, je souhaiterai unlock mon bios A15 de mon alienware m17x r4 . pouvez vous m'aider?
      je possède l'unlock A14 est il compatible avec le bios A15?
    • By learnfromit
      alienware 15 r2 970m with i7-6700hq vbios request so i can overclock and mess with voltage.

BIOS version backup made with techpowerup GPU-z.

GM204.rom

or can someone re direct me to one already made that will work? all links i find are dead, thanks.

• By Diky
      help me to unlock amd-v acer aspire one 725
      it's my vars file
      please..
      vars.rar
    • By Awesome14
      I found this: https://photonicsguy.ca/projects/t530

It's a nice how to on altering the whitelist on the W530/T530 laptop.
    • By 9vul14
      Hey allI, I need help  with modding my BIOS. I was wondering if anyone could help me mod my BIOS to unlock the 'Advanced' tab which I don't have on my InsydeH20 F.52 Rev 5.0 Bios? Thanks so much and I look forward to your response! Laptop: HP Pavilion x360  ba109tx

Specs: 
      i7-8550U
      Nvidia Geforce 940MX
      Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620
      12GB DDR4-2400 SODIMM RAM
      128GB SSD, 1TB HDD

Laptop Product Page: https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c05650773
      Vanilla BIOS: https://support.hp.com/sg-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-14-ba100-x360-convertible-pc/16851098/model/18161600

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.