EwinRacing Flash Series Gaming Chairs
MacFreekDotKext

late-2014 Mac Mini 1.4Ghz + RX480-8GB@16Gbps-TB2 (Rocketstor 6361A) + macOS/Win10 [MacFreekDotKext]

592d222e49ff6_eGPUSetup.thumb.png.45ab9d7238f540c379dbea650ad6a7fa.png

I am running Windows build 16193 (Redstone 3) on a portable SSD as Windows to go. And macOS Sierra 10.12.4.

Windows to Go was created using EasyUEFI's wintousb program.

I have previously used Windows 8.1 to success and 10 which needed DSDT override. 

This is a guide on how i get Windows 16193 working successfully with RX 480:

1. Leave Thunderbolt cable unplugged from Mac before turning it on.

2. Press option to load Windows to go Portable SSD Windows 10 16193 build.

3. Enter DIY eGPU Setup 1.35 with iGPU connected only. Configure it as:

• Press 3 to enter Menu based setup
  • PCI Compaction 》 Legacy mode checked 》 Closeunusedbridges checked 》 ignore none 》 Endpoint 》 56.25GB-36bit 》 Run compact 》 iGPU 》 force iGPU to 32-bit
  • Chainload mbr
  • Select Windows 10  from OS selection menu
  • As soon as the Windows logo comes up hotplug eGPU. When OS is about to load up, change display output to Displayport.

Voila!

Every time you want this do be done automatically, reboot into DIY eGPU  Setup 1.35 and hit ENTER (or allow 10s countdown to do it for you) on the default option 2 "automated startup via startup.bat".

The Setup:

1. Use paperclip trick to get PSU turned on without motherboard.

2. Two molex connectors from psu to rocketstor 6361a molex connections. To give power to 6361a motherboard.

3. 8 Pin pcie connectors to GPU. And chassis bent to fit RX 480.

4. Modified back of chassis to allow Displayport connection into GPU while GPU can be screwed firm into chassis.

Rocking games such as Far Cry 4 @ 4k high settings! 

Using AMD Crimson WHQL 17.2.1.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By juquinha
      Hi!

So, i got a strange situation here. I have an old Asus ROG G751JM laptop connected to an old Samsung monitor (Model S20C301L) through a VGA connection.
      This monitor supports both DVI-D and VGA inputs, while my laptop can output through VGA, HDMI or Thunderbolt/Mini DIsplayport. I wanted to upgrade to digital signal, so i bought an Thunderbolt/Mini DIsplayport to DVI cable.
      At first, it was a nightmare. There was absolutely nothing i could do to get it to work. I spent hours troubleshooting, but the monitor just could not detect any signal, only VGA one. But then this happens.
      I was testing with only one connection at once and i got tired of plugging and unplugging the cables every time. So i had the idea to keep both cables plugged in and change the source detection in monitor's menu when i wanted to. So, with the TB/MiniDP cable already connected, i've then connected the VGA cable (while DVI was selected as input source). The display started flashing. After 2 seconds, voilà, it was working. And i was like, "what the f***???" I've then unplugged the VGA cable, signal lost. Plugged it again, got digital signal.
      Well, i'm happy that it's working now, but i simply don't understand what's happening here. Why is that i need both connections simultaneously to make it work? WIll that still happen if i use a HDMI to DVI cable?
      Fun fact: the image displays only after windows startup. So, if i want to enter BIOS setup for example, i need to switch back to VGA as input source.
      Sorry for my english.

Update: Can't run games with It, i get bsod.
    • By Blocker35
      Hi guys, bit of a rookie to the whole EGPU scene. Currently I have:

- MacBook Pro 2015 13inch (3.1GHz Core i7 16GB RAM)
      - Razer X Core 
      - Apple TB3 to TB2 Adapter
      -  TB2 Cable (Cable Matters)
      - 23inch AOC External Monitor

I am wonder about what graphics card to get to run X-Plane11 with high graphic settings?
      I have purgewrangler set up and ready to use with an AMD graphics card, but am also open to the idea of an Nvidia graphics card.
      Any advice appreciated. I did not buy a Windows PC as I need a Mac for various other things and wanted an all-in-one laptop.
    • By Bullfrog098
      Hi, just a quick question what would be the best EGPU adapter, because i see the really expensive ones but then you have the 400$ dollar one that Lowspecgamer used. Which do you guys recommend ?
    • By Arman
      Hello! My name is Arman! I from Armenia, and sorry for my English!
      I have iMac Late 2013 with Intel core i5, 8Gb, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 1024 Mb. I have Boot Camp installation on my iMac (now i have 7 Windows, but i can update it to 10 or 8 Windows) 
      I  discover that there is an Akitio 2, wich can use with iMac 2013 for productivity increase. I want to use akitio 2 with GTX 1050 ti 4Gb, but i dont know how it is intalling on iMac?
      Who can write for me the process of installation ALL equipment (akitio 2 + GTX 1050 ti + imac)? What i must to do? I talking about from the very beginning to the very end. 
      PLEASE everyone, help me. You are my last chance !!!!

• By deltha
      Hello,

I am using on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7 with Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB, Akitio TB2, a water-cooled Nvidia 1080 TI using the driver Nvidia Web Driver 378.05.05.15f01

I would like to ask you : is there any chance to overclock it on macOS?

Components:
      V-tubler
      Thermaltake C 1000 coolant
      2x luna 12 red + led band
      Radiator EK Water Blocks EK-CoolStream SE 240 (Slim Dual)
      Pacific PT40-D5 Reservoir/Pump Combo 250
      Akitio Thunder 2 pcie expansion
      Plexiglass, acrylic, plastic isolation, screws
      Water cooling fittings, pipes, hard tubing, without actually bending the tubing
      Lian Li PW-PCI-E38-1 Riser PCIe x16 3.0, 380mm, flexibil, High Speed, EMI Shielding + powered
      Openframe case Thermaltake Core P1
      RM650 gold PSU+Paperclip
      Graphic card:
      Zotac water cooled 1080 TI Fe (Zotac 1080 TI FE + Separate mount of Titan X nickel waterblock)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.