• Announcements

• Brian

Introducing T|I Marketplace/Classifieds!   11/24/16

After a long wait, Tech|Inferno now has a Marketplace/Classifieds section where all registered (promoted and above) members can participate in selling, trading and seeking out items. This service is free to all members to use as they wish. Currently all ads last for a period of 14 days before they expire for promoted users. Those users belonging to T|I Elite, Contributor, Developer and Moderator have access to 30 day ad periods that are featured   Some easy rules to remember: Do not post multiple ads of the same product. Do not advertise here if you are a retailer or business. You must contact Tech|Inferno for advertising space. Keep ads civil, do not try to lowball members. You may contact them in private via PM if you feel their price is not to your liking. Harassing members will result in an infraction. It is recommended you have Heatware/eBay feedback to establish trading credibility.    Tech|Inferno assumes no liability for any sales posted in the Classified section. Always use common sense when buying/selling with traders and ask for their heatware/ebay feedback!   Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
faldinv

Barebone Laptop Use MSI Laptop Bios

1 post in this topic

Hello, i have barebone laptop MS-16F3. I buy this from computer seller company with brand name Forsa. I think this company just import this laptop and rebrand it. The real name is Rabook Firebook F640.

Okay, i want to ask, can i update my BIOS Laptop with MSI GT60 BIOS? Because i can use the driver for MSI GT60.

Sorry for the bad english, thanks for respond

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By Steppdroid
      Hi All, We can Unlock the last bios and vbios for ovc the gtx950m of Asus N552VX ? would  nice!

Specification Notebook
      Backup bios with afuwinx64

Thanks in Advance

If i try to get a backup  bios of gtx950M i get this error:
      (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. Tutti i diritti sono riservati. C:\WINDOWS\system32>cd C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64 C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>nvflash -b backupbios.rom NVIDIA Firmware Update Utility (Version 5.287.0) Modified Version By Joe Dirt Adapter: GeForce GTX 950M (10DE,139A,1043,1C9D) H:--:NRM S:00,B:01,D:00,F:00 WARNING: Debug port will be disabled during EEPROM access. The display may go *BLANK* on and off for up to 10 seconds during access to the EEPROM depending on your display adapter and output device. Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF Command id:000A Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_PREP failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT Identifying EEPROM... Command failed to complete mailbox0 = FFFFFFFF Command id:0002 Command: NV_UCODE_CMD_COMMAND_EID failed Command Status:NV_UCODE_CMD_STS_NONE Error: NV_UCODE_ERR_CODE_CMD_TIMEOUT ERROR: Error: Display adapter's EEPROM ID process failed C:\Users\Stefano\Desktop\NVFlash_Certs_Bypassed_v5.287_x64>  
    • By Derpediderp
      Hey guys!

I am currently working on an idea to start a brand which would be specialized in All in One PC Barebones.
      So I wanted to ask you if there is any interest for such a thing?
      In detail:

The focus is on a configurable system, like a desktop case, but this one here has already a build in mITX mainboard, monitor, speakers and everything is already cabled.

The power supply is external to save space and especially to keep the AIO as narrow as possible.
      The lid on the back can be pushed open after only 2 screws have been removed, so it is very easy to maintain.
      The technical data in a short overview:

Monitor: 27 "Full-HD, AH-IPS, Frameless Design

Mainboard:
      mITX, modified with a 90 degree rotated PCIe slot for the graphics card H110 chipset 2x RAM slots DDR4-SODIMM 1x mini PCIe slot 1x MSata Slot 1x 2.5 inch Sata connector Graphics card: Power over PCIe lane (NVIDIA GTX 1050TI, Radeon RX460, etc.) , with additional PSU up to Zotac NVIDIA GTX 1080 Mini

Power supply: External with 3 pin safety plug and 180W power , additional 250W PSU for Graphics cards with 6-8 pin Connector.

Connections:
      2xUSB 3.0 RJ45 connector 4xUSB 2.0 SD card reader 1x HDMI-IN (for graphics card routing) 1x HDMI OUT 1x3.5mm stereo jack 1x3.5mm microphone jack Stereo speakers (believe it or not, they sound decent)  
      Here are some Pics from my Testsample:

I would really appreciate your feedback, thanks in advance!

• By biboa
      Hi,
      i was preparing for a gpu replacement, so i decided to flash my alienware m17xr3 A12 bios into an unlocked version.
      I removed the gpu, put "PAR00X64.fd" in the root of a FAT32 usb.
      i unplugged the power cord, inseted the usb drive in the esata port, and held the end button before replugging the cord.
      the fans kicked in, and i heard 30 beeps, then it restarted.
      after that, it wouldn't stop resatarting. it kept rebooting even when i held the end key for more than 20 mins.
      i'm really confused right now as of what to do to fix this issue.
      i would really apreciate any help you have to offer me.
    • By 09williamsad
      Hello people of Tech Inferno.

I am trying to get my laptop withing with an eGPU, i have:
      Lenovo e540 laptop,
      EXP GDC Beast 8.4d with mPCIe connector,
      Nvidia GTS 450,
      Power X3 450W PSU,
      eGPU setup 1.30

Initially I would get a black screen when trying to boot with the eGPU connected and when trying with plugging the mPCIe connector in during boot I got this error:
      "0187: EAIA data access error.
      2201: Machine UUID is invalid."

Connecting the GPU to an external monitor has no effect.

I got around this by putting tape on one of the pins as per this post.
      After that I no longer get the black screen but windows 7 does not detect the GPU, the fan on the GPU still spins when the laptop turns on and there is a green light on the EXP GDC.

I followed the guide on this post but I got this BSOD once rebooting after applying the DSDT override in step 2:
      "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
      Technical information:
      ***STOP: 0x000000A5 (0x0000000000000006,0xFFFFFA80066BCD50,0xFFFFFA8007103CAB,0XFFFFFA80074FD340)"

Does anyone have and suggestions or advice?

Thank you in advance.

UPDATE:
      Was able to get Win 7 to detect the GPU when swapping the mPCIe connector while in sleep mode but now I have error 12.

UPDATE:
      Tried the DSDT override guide here but loading dsdt-modified.aml as a registry override causes a blue screen and setup 1.3 hangs when loading the dsdt-modified.aml as an in-memory substitution, it does not hang when the SATA mode is changed from AHCI to Compatibility but it is too fast for me to tell what it does and it causes windows to freeze on boot once it is done with no effect on memory for the next boot.

Got it working, just trying to get the laptop to switch to the eGPU now.
    • By szumial
      Hi!
      I have recently a power shortage problem - the battery in my laptop ran out of juice and it suddenly shut down. This resulted in a broken SSD drive, which actually died a week later (not detected by any system or adapter). The laptop also had another SSD msata drive installed which was ok and I could see the data on it when booting into linux from pendrive. I then got a new drive and went for a completely new system in RAID 1 config for backup - changed legacy to UEFI mode in BIOS, removed the mSATA before in case I got something wrong and the data was erased. After installing Windows to the RAID volume I plugged the mSATA SSD into the mobo again and it is no longer visible for both BIOS and Windows. What could have gone wrong? I assume these possibilities: the motherboard went wrong or the drive got broken - question is "HOW"?

I resorted to google straightaway and I've found several tips:
      - update the BIOS (did that, and nothing changed)
      - change RAID/AHCI/ATA modes (still nothing)
      - reset the RAID, install new OS and drivers (still not showing the drive)
      - complete a "power cycle" for SSDs, found on Crucial's forums (is that even a thing?)

I need to recover the data from this mSATA drive - how do I do that?

The system I'm using:
      Dell M6700 with i7 3940XM
      16GBs of RAM
      2x ADATA SSD in a RAID array
      1x Samsung PM851a mSATA - the one I am trying to revive