Sign in to follow this  
technos

[Release] Improved M18x R2 Maxwell Legacy BIOS

I release here today my personal BIOS for the M18x R2. It is based upon svl7's unlocked A11, Swick's mods to A11, and I have changed back the boot images to default Alienware and Intel logos, as well as reverted the atheros LAN oprom back to the default version that does not take up extra boot time. All other modifications done by swick and svl7 remain intact. Copy files from zip to root of usb in a usb-dos environment, run flash.bat. Simple. Tested by me on two of my M18x R2 systems, works without issue. I take no responsibility if you brick your system, flash at your own risk. Only thing left to do is to somehow enable 2133 for sandy bridge CPU in M18x R2 motherboard.

Remember, give thanks to svl7 and swick for their initial work on this. I release this freely to the public, nobody should pay for this.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dGmVHDQ7iuNERzYkMwMW1RMDQ/view?usp=sharing

Edited by technos

On 16/1/2017 at 6:54 AM, technos said:

I release here today my personal BIOS for the M18x R2. It is based upon svl7's unlocked A11, Swick's mods to A11, and I have changed back the boot images to default Alienware and Intel logos, as well as reverted the atheros LAN oprom back to the default version that does not take up extra boot time. All other modifications done by swick and svl7 remain intact. Copy files from zip to root of usb in a usb-dos environment, run flash.bat. Simple. Tested by me on two of my M18x R2 systems, works without issue. I take no responsibility if you brick your system, flash at your own risk. Only thing left to do is to somehow enable 2133 for sandy bridge CPU in M18x R2 motherboard.

Remember, give thanks to svl7 and swick for their initial work on this. I release this freely to the public, nobody should pay for this.

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5dGmVHDQ7iuNERzYkMwMW1RMDQ/view?usp=sharing

First thx for your work.

it's based on v2.0.0 version?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Edrc
      Hello,

I am new on this forum, so I am sorry if posting at the wrong place. It's been 2 weeks that I am searching how to make my GTX 980M 8GB working Inside my Alienware 17 R1 (June 2014, i7 4710MQ, 60 Herts Display, OPTIMUS and the GTX 880M Inside died.)
      After "quickly" looking some forums, I saw that a 980M would easily fit Inside … but maybe I was wrong.

Hardware wasn't a problem. I've also could install drivers by modding the nvdmi or nvcvi. inf files. The card was recognied BUT :
      the clock speed is locked a 135 or 405 Mherts and fan is not runing when booted up.
      I tried to flash vBios with nvflash and some ROM I found on vBios collection … but no way to get this working properly.

So, i'm coming here. I've seen many people talking about Prema or svl7 or other big boss in the place … but ? how ? where ? when ?

Inside the peripherial manager I have this in remote acces path : PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1617&SUBSYS_05AA1028&REV_A1\4&D590A51&0&0008
      So I assume my GTX 980M card ID is 1617 and vendor and PC Model are 05AA 1028.
      But near the "Standard Microsoft Video Card" there is a yellow exclamation point and Inside details it says "this peripherial doesn't work properly" when no Nvidia drivers installed.
      I could find some vBios with 1617 (Asus) but black screen at boot up. Since laptop model where not the same .. probably.
      And I wasn't able to find 1617 with the existing 05AA 1028 … as the GTX 980M was not an option for my model. (AW 17 R1 2014 ,60Herts)
      I tried 353.60, 382.33 and 419.35 drivers. The latest one seems easier to install but longer.

BIOS is A16 from Dell. And I am using Windows 10. Got a Dell 330W brick. 

I saw a guy with the exact model as me, he gets a modded vBios especially for his configuration, then everything worked easily … but can't find the topic again

I guess depending on the card info and the laptop model … a dedicated vBios is required … 

So, If anyone here got some informations or any kind of help for me, it would be very nice.

Thanks for reading and help.  

PS: there are a lot of files, pictures and links that I can't see on this forum .. even after registration …. 

• By GrisGris
      For when that rubber coating on your laptop phase shifts to fly paper...

Here is what I did,

Disassemble M18x:
      Well documented by debaucher:
      The palm rest section was the biggest offender for me;

>I used a plastic spoon and nail polish remover to remove the rubber coating:
      >Obviously remove as many of the various utility boards as possible.
      >I left the touch pad in place because this model used thermally fused plastic rivet like pieces to hold the light pipes in place and I found it easier to mask it off.
      >"FrogTape Delicate Surface" worked very well for masking off various surfaces

>I used Krylon Plastic Paint as a base coat and 'Jet Black metal flake Automotive Paint;

>With the paint still setting up I dusted various glow powders over the substrate and dusted some additional black paint to achieve some depth to the effect .
      >I after the automotive paint set up I use mate clear coat the overcoat the entire surface. I personally believe glossy clear coat would not look as good. 
      >Adjust as needed and re-assemble.

>I Used a USB LED clamp light available ebay/amazon $10 to illuminate

Hope you enjoyed the first post...
    • By brunon80
      Hi everyone, I'm looking for the modified bios Prema of the W3x0ET (GTX 660m + i7 3630m) for months, the performance of the notebook is excellent despite its age, but it has already reached its limit and I know that it can deliver even more if someone being able to help me will be very grateful.
      Thanks!

• By Sleezy
      Troubleshooting Modified driver Installation. If you are able to successfully modify the .inf to install GPU driver but games still using dedicated graphics or crashing, this is how I got it to work. Also link to the instructions I used to modify the .inf (Credit to Yuki Rea Founder and Creator of null-src.com) That tutorial can be found here https://null-src.com/posts/nvidia-notebook-driver-inf-mod/post.php

Soapbox - Gaming Laptop GPU Upgrade
    • By Shuren
      Hello Thank You for taking time to read this...i got Clevo w550eu i would love if someone give me unlocked/Modded Bios for it ...thanks again

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.