About This File
Files contained in this archive:
- MSI 16F1 Unlocked.zip
- MSI 1762 Unlocked.zip
- MSI GT60 Unlocked.zip
- MSI GT70 Unlocked.zip
- MSI GT683 Unlocked.zip
- MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip
- MSI MS-16F2 Unlocked.zip
- MSI MS-1761 Unlocked.zip
Should I Flash These BIOS?
See thread link below to learn which notebooks these bios files should be used with.
Who this does NOT apply to:
- If you are afraid to brick your notebook, this is NOT for you. There is always a possibility for errors and accidents to occur.
- If you do not understand what any or most of these acronyms mean, this is NOT for you. You will probably find little use for the unlocked features and the potential for risk is much greater than the reward.
Who this applies to:
- If you have an understanding of most of this thread and are willing to learn, continue reading.
- If you are an enthusiast who loves modding and overclocking and have experience with this field, continue reading.
So what are these features that MSI had locked out?
A short list would include:*
- XMP RAM support (Up to 2133Mhz) [Warning: 4 DIMMs at 1866Mhz(+) may not be stable, 2 DIMMs are stable at 2133Mhz].
- BCLK Overclocking (Up to 5%, your mileage may vary, no guarantees).
- TPL limits unlocked (With the combination of ThrottleStop, CPU throttling can be overcome).
To learn more about how to use the files in this archive, please visit the thread below: