Like these files? Support the developers!
Hey we love free stuff that makes our computers work better just as much as the next guy. But please take into consideration that these developers spend a lot of their personal time developing these mods for you and like anything else in life, there's a cost associated with that. You can help out by donating to them by clicking on the donate link in their file descriptions.
And if you love Tech|Inferno, why not show it by becoming a T|I Elite Member? This helps us keep the lights on and enables us to expand T|I to the benefit of the community.
Legacy BIOS/VBIOS created by retired staff such as Xonar for MSI and other notebooks.
MSI G-Series Unlocked BIOS
By XonarFiles contained in this archive:
ms_gx740.zip MSI 16F1 Unlocked.zip MSI 1762 Unlocked.zip MSI GT60 Unlocked.zip MSI GT70 Unlocked.zip MSI GT683 Unlocked.zip MSI GT783 Unlocked.zip MSI MS-16F2 Unlocked.zip MSI MS-1761 Unlocked.zip SecondGenAMDAPU.zip
Should I Flash These BIOS?
See thread link below to learn which notebooks these bios files should be used with.
Who this does NOT apply to:
- If you are afraid to brick your notebook, this is NOT for you. There is always a possibility for errors and accidents to occur.
- If you do not understand what any or most of these acronyms mean, this is NOT for you. You will probably find little use for the unlocked features and the potential for risk is much greater than the reward.
Who this applies to:
- If you have an understanding of most of this thread and are willing to learn, continue reading.
- If you are an enthusiast who loves modding and overclocking and have experience with this field, continue reading.
So what are these features that MSI had locked out?
A short list would include:*
- XMP RAM support (Up to 2133Mhz) [Warning: 4 DIMMs at 1866Mhz(+) may not be stable, 2 DIMMs are stable at 2133Mhz].
- BCLK Overclocking (Up to 5%, your mileage may vary, no guarantees).
- TPL limits unlocked (With the combination of ThrottleStop, CPU throttling can be overcome).
To learn more about how to use the files in this archive, please visit the thread below: