5870M locked at low clocks

unreal25

Hi all,

Just noticed my graphics card is locked at clocks that are about half what they are supposed to be at stock clocks:

imagevn.png

Stealth mode is not on, ATI Powerplay is disabled and the Power Profile is set at High Performance. Any idea how to get this back to default? I am using Catalyst 11.10 from AMD website.

Thanks!

P.S. Default clocks should be 700/1000 MHz.

EDIT: NVM fixed it by reinstalling Dell Catalyst drivers.

Edited by unreal25

Unreal not sure if it was why but i disabled powerplay like you once last year on 5870m and same thing happened. I don't ever do it now... instead i make sure power play is set to performance on AC and DC so it never glitches like that. Otherwise on occassion i have had similar issues but locked at 100/150 and it was from ulps locking low power clocks and not 3d... i had to restart in between and reneble ulps restart disable it again and it was fixed... same thing for when i upgrade gpu drivers or flash clocks again i have to do it again... reenable ulps>restart>disable ulps>restart>fixed.

Edited by mw86

What games gave you a hard time?

I was playing SWTOR during the weekend (yes, its like gaming Furmark and doesn't support crossfire atm) and figured something was really wrong with my computer because it was stuttering like crazy even on low/med details. Dell drivers seem to work fine, so I had them for a while, then again I couldn't start CCC so I uninstalled them and reinstalled 11.10 (lol...). So, atm it works on 11.10.

I have PowerPlay completely disabled in CCC just to be on the safe side.

• Thumbs Up 1

okay either way i just know for me powerplay off> probs powerplay both on high performance > no probs. glad 11.10 seems to have resolved the issue... ulps causes me havoc every driver upgrade requiring me to go through the disable>restart>enable restart thing.... thats why I said screw this to myself and use 3d clocks and ulps diabled on every power profile in my vbios never will it drop clocks on me... i was just as frustrated Unreal.... but then again not everyone keeps fans max 24/7 like me...