Nvidia 555mGT Desktop Counterpart, The 545 GT DDR3

Just as a reminder, in case your out and about on the net looking for benchmarks for BF3 or whatever here is our desktop counterpart. Its an OEM card so be aware of that.

GeForce GT 545 DDR3 - Specifications - GeForce

Its pretty much the same card except with higher default GPU clock at 720. Most of us here play at 750 so we are a little above that. Memory is stock at 900. Same number of pipelines, etc...

Thanks,

StevenX

• Thumbs Up 1

@Gamba - That's true. I have seen others use it as well. I can't find ANY numbers on the oem 545 ddr3 card. Its an almost exact replica of our card (without the emphasis on power savings/voltage) due to the higher stock clocks . If we clock our 555 at 720/900 we "should" be almost the same. The 450 is previous generation and even though others always say the nvidia cards are just "restamps" or whatever i don't believe that is true. Outside of this website I work for a Fortune 50 company and we deal with some of the largest hardware and software vendors on the market. I have been here for almost 14 years now. I would not consider myself an "expert" but I have a good knowledge of hardware for the most part. I think each revision of GPU has changes on multiple levels. Im sure some tech is salvaged from the last revision but saying they are exactly the same is not accurate. (I have seen many on NBR make this mistake and cut and paste bad info a lot) Example lets say an Nvidia 450 has 96 pixel pipeline and the 545 has 96. However they change the algorithm on the new card in which it processes textures then it's not the same card as the previous. Even though the hardware looks the same its not. But again.. i learn new things every day. The difference is we will listen to your arguments here if you think something isn't correct or isn't true. We don't just cut and paste a bunch of mess we have saved and say "there you go.. you fail" like other sites.

Thanks for posting and take care.

StevenX

When getting reccomended settings i also like to use the 450 gts. Its alot more mainstream that the 545 so there are alot more results and performance wise is just above a good overclocked 555m. Geforce.com has a reccomended setting tool and so far all the games ive played with 450gts settings work pretty flawless.

Just my two bits on this

Ninja - others have complained that the 450GTS will not play BF3 well and all of us on here are playing the game flawlessly. Now I don't know what the author considers as smooth but let me see if I can find the link...

Maybe it was a forum post in the PC EA BF3 Threads. i know the guy said he had a 450gts or something like that and was complaining of performance. Said it was not even getting 20fps on low. And I was thinking... put the crack pipe away step back from the keyboard. Even at 1080p the Nvidia555mGT should be able to play on low settings at 40fps or so.

Edited by Stevenxowens792
  • Thumbs Up 1