Battlefield 3 Problems

RevDiesel

I played beta fine and now that the retail version hits I cannot get BF3 to launch multiplayer. It will go through the signing in, joining server, loading level then a windows error pops up and says Battlefield 3 Has Stopped Working.. I have tried a'lot of things and nothing has fixed it. I even did text support and live chat and neither of the reps knew what was wrong.

The reason I am posting here is on the battlelog forums some people posted that they also have been having the same problem with the M14x.

Here is a error report I get when the game fails to launch into multiplayer and crashes. (Single Player works fine)

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: bf3.exe

Application Version: 1.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 4e9d3315

Fault Module Name: igo32.dll

Fault Module Version: 8.0.0.93

Fault Module Timestamp: 4ea0945d

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 00021650

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

If anyone has a similar problem or a workaround please post here. Thank you!

Guest Ethrion
FIXED THE PROBLEM!

Go to Origin. Settings. In Game. Disable Origin in game

I have the same problem and was quite excited to read that you had a fix for it. Sadly, it didn't work for me... Not sure what to do to fix this? Is it a server issue that makes it crash or is it a driver/graphics error? I'm not really versed in tech stuff so don't know where to begin.

It used to work in single player campaign fine before but now even that doesn't work and results in the same "battlefield 3 has stopped working" message.

Edited by Ethrion

• 3 months later...

well if its like mine I bought Russian game and installed english language files and some additional updates/patches are then required beyond standard updates. I would go over Conkers recomended tools and utilities too. SVL7 posted link to the required files.

http://forum.techinferno.com/pc-gaming/1370-battlefield-3-optimization-guide.html#post16693

and here is what SVL7 suggested to me for it

http://forum.techinferno.com/pc-gaming/1398-t%7Ci-battlefield-3-64-player-server-3.html#post18383