Gt780dx 4k screen?

ninjaneer

So I have just recently upgraded to a gtx980m in my gt780dx but now I would like to replace the stock screen with a 4k screen. Should I stick to msi replacement screens or is there a screen out there that will work?

Thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

That would be new to me. Therefore, there is the no GT70/GT780 device with an IPS panel. only the GT60 3K / 4K are available with IPS panel, but then comes another board revision (PCB Version 1.1) to use, and this can also connect an eDP display.

However, if a eDP port is available, you can also use an LVDS display because the ANX1122 is then used to convert.

Furthermore, has the GT780 also no DisplayPort, which eDP is technically impossible.

• 1 month later...

In order to upgrade to a 4K screen you'll need a 4 lane 40-pin edp connector and there are none on the GT780/DX.

Edited by Suoah

That schematic listed by andrzejz78 is a 4-lane connector (TX0+TX1+TX2+TX3 = 4 lanes), so 4k can work, provided you have an eDP-type motherboard plus a 4-lane cable as well (not 2-lane, which is sufficient for 1080p). Voltage is good, too, so the B173ZAN01.0 (4k, high gamut) should be a perfect match. So ... check whether the current panel is eDP and look to see if the cable's pins 1-12 are all populated; if half are missing then you'd need to source another cable.