I7-2670QM Possibility to use RAM at 1600Mhz?

senso

Good evening, I have a quick doubt, is there any way to put the RAM running at 1600(800)Mhz, by the Intel page, the maximum is 1333Mhz, but I have seen some cpu-z prints showing this CPU with 1600Mhz RAM, this is not a limitation of my RAM modules, the all suport this:

JEDEC timings table        CL-tRCD-tRP-tRAS-tRC @ frequency
    JEDEC #1        5.0-5-5-14-19 @ 380 MHz
    JEDEC #2        6.0-6-6-16-22 @ 457 MHz
    JEDEC #3        7.0-7-7-19-26 @ 533 MHz
    JEDEC #4        8.0-8-8-22-30 @ 609 MHz
    JEDEC #5        9.0-9-9-24-33 @ 685 MHz
    JEDEC #6        10.0-10-10-27-37 @ 761 MHz
    JEDEC #7        11.0-11-11-28-39 @ 800 MHz

I have already unlocked my BIOS, updated the ME Firmware, inserted the latest microcode update.

The laptop is an old old N53SM with an HM65 chipset.

This is more of a curiosity/want to try it.

Maybe I need to dump my MEFirmware and enable overclocking or tweak something and reflash it?

EDIT:

Photos of the RAM configuration in BIOS, no mather what value I choose over 1333Mhz it doesn't do anything.

Maybe that Memory RC: 1.2.2 as something to do about this, but I can't find any info about that, if its a hardware, or software module.DSC_0105.thumb.JPG.0ce734c697372cb723302

DSC_0104.thumb.JPG.054a56aba7347f942b63b

Going by this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_Reference_Code

It might in fact be a limitation/imposed limitation of my BIOS.

Best regards

• Founder
1 hour ago, senso said:

Cant attach the BIOS file, will share via Google Drive, this is a just made backup from my BIOS using AFUWin.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-ML4gZbTMLTVFJaX3NLUDZGd2M/view?usp=sharing

You just zip the file and then upload it. We normally do not allow external links but I'll let you keep this one.

• Founder
9 minutes ago, senso said:

I zipped it and tried to upload, but the zip size is about 1MB and the forum only allows me to attach files up to 0.49MB.

Don't want to break any rules, sorry.

Understood, no problem. :) BTW, just realized we had our limits too low for you guys so now you can upload > 1 MB files. 

• Bios Modder

I looked at your BIOS, so there really are very few settings. The most important thing that not included the adjustment of memory timings and there is no switching from the default profile to the custom profile of memory.
Perhaps in this case it will not be able to increase the memory frequency.
Try to set parametre "NMode Support" from "Auto" to "2N".

Its indeed a limited BIOS, even with access to all the menus there isn't much to tweak.

Tried to change the NMode and had already disabled the ECC support, sadly, no change, in this case only with a CPU that officially supports the 1600Mhz, but its was just a curiosity, I'm no going to invest 100-150€ in a CPU just for the RAM.

Thanks for your time.