Clevo 771ZM + i7 4790K - high temperature

iClevo

Hi all!

When i run test with LinX 0.6.5 CPU temperature rises to 97-100 degrees celsius.

I scalped the CPU (IHS removal already done), and i replaced thermal compound on the liquid metal but nothing has changed.

Even in a IDLE state CPU temperature is too hot ~ 50C, in heavy load 97-100...

It's normal for the notebook with the desktop PC CPUs 4790K??

I think it's very hot. After all, the critical temperature of 4790k - 74 degrees celsius.

Clevo made a mistake by having a unified heatsink on the zm series. You likely have uneven die contact. When you run a cpu benchmark, how much does the temperature suddenly jump up by the instant it starts? With good die contact on a haswell with liquid metal it should be at most 20c.

Usually the fan turn on point is 50c. Don't worry about idle temps, just load.

Hi all!

When i run test with LinX 0.6.5 CPU temperature rises to 97-100 degrees celsius.

I scalped the CPU (IHS removal already done), and i replaced thermal compound on the liquid metal but nothing has changed.

Even in a IDLE state CPU temperature is too hot ~ 50C, in heavy load 97-100...

It's normal for the notebook with the desktop PC CPUs 4790K??

I think it's very hot. After all, the critical temperature of 4790k - 74 degrees celsius.

Hi

That can happen.

Then your heatsink is not contacting your CPU properly, or you are not using max fans.

50c at idle is not hot... with auto fans. If it is that with Max fans, you have a problem.

No.

That is the critical temperature at the IHS. That is NOT the critical temperature of the CPU. The critical temperature of the CPU die (which is what the sensors read) is 105c, and it will thermally throttle at 100c.

Khenglish, all night he worked at 100% load (3d render) with max fans.Maximum temperature with max fans 84-95c

D2ultima, with max fans idle 40-42c

Yeah, seems like you have either a terrible paste job or bad contact.

I can't OC as high as you, but since my CPU cooling is PATHETIC in comparison, I can use as an example the fact that my laptop can handle Linpack to say you should be able to handle rendering with max fans.