svl7

Hehehe, it's going to be difficult to get points with this CPU (at least in CPU benchmarks...) This chip has been pushed to almost 7GHz if you check out the rankings, crazy... :D

Will check out the datasheet when I have time, I'm not sure whether I can find something, your bus clock is already at 200MHz and if I remember correctly the frequency select pins won't allow to select something above... well, we'll see.

Did you check the BIOS for overclocking options?

• Thumbs Up 1

Hehehe, it's going to be difficult to get points with this CPU (at least in CPU benchmarks...) This chip has been pushed to almost 7GHz if you check out the rankings, crazy... :D

Will check out the datasheet when I have time, I'm not sure whether I can find something, your bus clock is already at 200MHz and if I remember correctly the frequency select pins won't allow to select something above... well, we'll see.

Did you check the BIOS for overclocking options?

None no overclock options except eist which i disabled and turn off and on multi core but maybe we can find an unlocked one hehe its not an XM but somebody got that baby 7ghz thats crazy now i know I must persue that lol. I think the pick shows its an A07 bios if i remember right. Looks like if we figure this out i am going to need dice... it would be so worth it though lol. I don't care if I bench it into the dirt lol or modified like crazy this thing is completely spare... 7ghz wow... the world record frequency is on an AMD in the 8ghz range i can't beleive someone got this pentium D 3.4ghz to 7ghz that insane. Can you post link to a screen shot lol thats awesome...

Edited by mw86

Yeah, it was at almost 1.7V... cooled with LN2: Hardware news, Overclocking Competitions, ReviewsAn enthusiast board helps of course, this was achieved with an Asus Maximus II board, quite a bit different to the Dell board :)

And of course you need to be pretty lucky to get such a good chip... not every CPU from this series can be overclocked like that, but there are about 60 submission which have it at 5GHz + ...

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, it was at almost 1.7V... cooled with LN2: Hardware news, Overclocking Competitions, ReviewsAn enthusiast board helps of course, this was achieved with an Asus Maximus II board, quite a bit different to the Dell board :)

And of course you need to be pretty lucky to get such a good chip... not every CPU from this series can be overclocked like that, but there are about 60 submission which have it at 5GHz + ...

so its stick with Dell board or buy that Asus mobo lol he he

Well, I'm no expert when it comes to desktop hardware, but enthusiast boards usually can do quite some stuff which normal boards simply can't.

If I were you I'd see what's possible with the current setup, and then if you want to try something crazy you can still get an old asus maximus or rampage or whatever, but they're not necessarily cheap...

Well, I'm no expert when it comes to desktop hardware, but enthusiast boards usually can do quite some stuff which normal boards simply can't.

If I were you I'd see what's possible with the current setup, and then if you want to try something crazy you can still get an old asus maximus or rampage or whatever, but they're not necessarily cheap...

wow he got his bus over 200 into 400's yeah ill stick to my mobo and if i can ill try to find an old maximus_ii_formula

see wow right

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1424878

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you guys have seen this, but HWbot.org has changed thier scoring algorithms a bit. Looks like it has worked to our benefit. I think anyhow. Don't remember where exactly we were. But here are some screen shots of out team, and I posted my profile and one of my benches to show how the scoring has changed a bit. A few more catagories, which I think pushes the point to BENCH EVERYTHING. It doesn't matter if its a 1MHz single core!

T|I Team Profile

tipro.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

i5 540M - wPrime 1024

wprime540m.jpg

DR650SE Profile

drpd.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

Here some more details about the changes which have been introduced to the team league. It really helps us since we mostly bench hardware which doesn't get benched very often.

I'm eager to do some benching... has been a while!! But I will probably have to wait for another month until I have enough time.

Update to TPP rankings:

0 - The concept of the Team League remains the same.

1 - We fixed the issue where uploading a new score could actually decrease your points, as described here, by limiting the amount of scores that receive global TPP to 1 (best of team). This is a similar implementation like the hardware TPP.

2 - We've separated the ranking weight calculation for global TPP and hardware TPP. This allows us to finetune each TPP class specifically and, as such, provide more correct scoring.

3 - We removed the requirement of having at least 10 competing teams before any TPP ranking generates points. Now every hardware TPP ranking will generate at least 5 points for #1; every global TPP ranking will generate 50p.

4 - The maximum points for global TPP is ~ 500p with 800 competing teams. For hardware TPP, the maximum is ~ 150p with 300 competing teams.

5 - The algoritm remains the same: GTTP + HTTP + UP/10. Or: sum of "global teampowerpoints" + "hardware teampowerpoints" + "user points divided by 10".

In practical terms, this update should shift the Teams League more towards the hardware TPP rankings. Note, though, that scoring in the global TPP rankings is important with its minimum 50p for #1.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 4 months later...

Been awhile I have to update with my latest scores on the HWbot site. Then I need to bench the 580's and get some points coming our way... :| been plenty of spring time cleaning keeping me busy. My wprime 1024m should be worth a couple points @155~ secs

• 1 month later...

New hardware, time for benching!! We've fallen back a bit in the worldwide ranking... keep it coming guys! :D

POSITION RANKING

Worldwide: #214 of 2036

National: #25 of 2140 in United States

Pretty cool, with my 3dM11 stock run I got the 995th place in the 1x GPU ranking worldwide :P Hahaha, feels good, lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Make an account @Brian and set Tech Inferno as your team... but I think you have an account. we get points for any submission for 3dmark2011,3dmark06,Vantage, Wprime 32m,1024m, Super Pi 1M, super pi 32m (takes atleast 7-8min for our chips), Pi-fast and I forget I think one or two more older 3dmarks also :)

okay SVL7 soon as my rig is all set i'll bench a few more I have around of older tech and then bench the crap out of my M18x... i have to submit both my wprime 32m and 1024m that should get some points... the 155sec one and 4.8sec on 32m :) and I have a 7min 20sec super pi which I think i may be able to get around 6:55-7:05 somewhere around there :) my 1m i already have arounf 7.4secs I think i can get that lower too.

brian boot hyperthreading off and in dual core for super-pi... and then don't lock onto one thread let it compute back and forth from the two... it will let you reach your maxx and being able to bounce back and forth keeps both cores cooler than running only one core at boot for super-pi. i'll try to remember the other techniques i picked up.. been awhile..

@Brian: You're already in our team, you joined a while ago with your old account, so that's already done. You can start submitting your scores :P

All you need to do is following the rules. It's pretty simple, e.g. for the most popular 3d benchmarks like vantage you need to provide a screenshot with GPU-Z showing all GPUs (so two instances when it comes to the M18x, except when you benched with only one GPU). Then a CPU-Z screenshot showing the main tab and of course the window which shows the benchmark score, afaik including the part which shows the results of each test.

Benches at standard settings, in Vantage you can disable the feature tests. I'm not sure whether they changed the rules for 3dM11 regarding Tess etc, need to check this.

For the CPU benches you need CPU-Z main tab on the screenshot, the memory tab, the motherboard tab is voluntary. And of course the bench program showing the score.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• 2 months later...

I just noticed that we got a new team member... please welcome @walhalla!!!

He joined and directly jumped to the top of our ranking :D Best contributor by far, hahaha!!

... so send in some benches and try to keep up! @StamatisX, @Brian, @mw86, @iloveb00bs, @DR650SE and everyone I forgot to mention!

Here are the current rankings:

post-80-14494993479042_thumb.jpg

post-80-14494993479358_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Hi guys, just left my old Team PGHX (PC Games Hardware Extreme). The notebooksection in this team is very poor and there are no members to talk to specific notebook problems. I´ll think this team is better for me. As you can see I´m benching everything that fall in my hands.

:bananajump: Sorry, a jumping banana cannot be benched. :welcoming:

Unfortunately notebooks can´t reach global points. So it´s very hard to get more points for myself. But the team got a benefit for each transmission.

@ all: Team-Members bench everything you get and our Team will soon reach TOP 100!!!!

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, it's not easy to get to the top with notebook hardware... but it's still fun! :) DR650SE managed to get some global points with a dual core mobile CPU, not much, but still really impressive imo.

I like to see how some of the notebook hardware can be pushed... e.g. 920XM 32m wPrime in just 6 seconds...

Yeah, it´s fun to bench, nothing else.

DR650SE Good work!!

5150Jokers submittet an awesome 8745 3DMark11 Performance submission with an 680m!!!! :67:

5150Joker`s 3DMark11 - Performance score: 8745 marks with a GeForce GTX 680M

Yeah, it's not easy to get to the top with notebook hardware... but it's still fun! :) DR650SE managed to get some global points with a dual core mobile CPU, not much, but still really impressive imo.

I like to see how some of the notebook hardware can be pushed... e.g. 920XM 32m wPrime in just 6 seconds...

Yeah, the MSI VBIOS seems to work way better, I tuned it a bit for more voltage and higher overclocking limits... over P9000 GPU score.

I wish I had access to a Dell 680m for some more thorough testing.

Thank you! I'll send you some files when I have some new ideas, but I can't go completely crazy with modding unless you can recover a card from a non-POSTing vbios ;)