niggles

Iv been loving the m18x for few days now, seems I go from one laptop to another wanting all of them at one point. Iv owned alienwares in the past and my new lenovo has been a god sent, I did love my alienware dont get me wrong, any way I have this terrible fear of bsod's as I had bad memory in my alienware I got of ebay ages ago and it went on for years before I got new memory. So when I read that a new m18x owner was experiencing bsods on a consistent basis and was working through them like I did for so long it got me agitated. Here is link to what I was refering to. I would just like to get some other accounts of if this has been happening to any one else or if its an isolated incident. Also if you could tell me what you think is going on with the link I gave.

• Founder

There are two usual suspects responsible for a BSOD, one is software related and the other is hardware related. If it is software related, then it's usually the drivers, so worst case scenario, a clean install will most likely eliminate those issues. If it is hardware related most likely it is because of overheating (ie when overclocked) or because of faulty hardware (ie GPU or memory module).

In both cases there are easy solutions so I wouldn't worry about it, what I would worry about though is issues that cannot be easily resolved by Dell, ie throttling of the GPUs like the 580Ms that require a new BIOS revision and cannot be fixed by either the user or the customer support service.