SSDs - General Discussion Thread

StamatisX

Yeah, I'm under warranty, the first time it happened (back in February) I got a replacement SSD for it... and now it happened with this new SSD. Since it's weekend I can't get a replacement just now, but since I don't want to wait to reinstall all the stuff I decided to simply secure erase the drive and keep it. Hopefully it won't happen again, but I guess it will eventually. This drive sucks.

• 2 weeks later...

Svl7 I know how you feel only a little. I had a drive fail once with irreplaceable data. You had an entire large SSD fail and lose all the data. Now after the Intel firmware fix the drive is doing it again and this was a replacement. As I do and many of our staff here now how much hassle exchanges are but in light of the issues... perhaps the trouble of an exchange may save you the trouble of a new replacement and dealing with that one. Maybe you can ask for a 510 model or the new 520?