Help me with my M14x

Minikiller

Holy crap my speakers sound terrible. Drivers are up to date and everything. When it's real quite it's ok but when there's action it sounds like a crackle or something. Trying a game now to see if it sounds the same. So far I've watched movie trailers and listened to music but it sounds bad. Nothing works out easy for me!

*edit* loaded witcher 2 and ya it's there to. Like a crackle or heavy static.

Edited by Minikiller

That's not normal Minikiller, the speakers on mine sound almost as good in the JBL's of the XPS. I would call Alienware and let them know something is up with the speakers. I don't see how it would be possible but the previous owner may have somehow blown the speakers from too loud of volume on something. It may also just be something loose inside or a faulty set of speakers :(

Grrr. Ok I'll call today. I don't understand how Dell can say "refurbished" then say things like they fully test all parts and fix or replace them, so on and so fourth when they clearly didn't. It's weird to and hard to explain other than at regular volume or higher when there's action going on it's slightly muffled, ad crackle/static occurs. In music the voices are typically ok, at witcher 2 main menu part of the

Music was fine, all the background stuff was bad tough.

Edited by Minikiller

I'm aggravated. I'll have to call them after work. Now I'm out however long it's going to take to get this right. I did all the trouble shooting and everything is fully up to date.

I turned it down from 24 to 16mhz and it sounded better but the bad sounds were still there

Could this fix it? http://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/519478-creative-x-fi-mb-your-g73-realtek-hd-2-48-a.html

*update* not home yet but playing with this at work. I turned all the volume settings from 100 to 0 except the front and the sound has improved. I still sware I hear some crackling at intense moments, but I haven't tried it out long enough. Still leaves me confuse though as "default" settings sound very bad

Edited by Minikiller