Movie - Alterna Rush

Stevenxowens792

This is a movie I might be in.. meaning I filmed a long interview for the movie in a town called Sanderson Texas and I know I am in the credits as Steven "Darkphase" Owens. It's about the reptiles that people come from across the world to collect in Texas called the Gray Banded Kingsnake or Lampropeltis Alterna. Its not the crap you see on TV which GAS and people killing Rattlesnakes. Its about appreciation of the animals, husbandry, enjoying the relationships you make with other herpetologists. I have been collecting snakes since I was a little kid. Certainly before you saw any STeve Irwin programs on TV in the early 90s. (But I give Steve Irwin full credit for bringing reptiles to everyones living room, his spirit and his enthusiasm. I miss him to be frank. I didn't always agree with his methods but I really like the man) If you get a chance watch the trailer below and their is another trailer as well I will post. I just wanted to post something a bit different than you all are used to...

"Alterna Rush" Movie Trailer on Vimeo

"Alterna Rush" Movie Trailer on Vimeo

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry Stam. I am not in this trailer. I know with 100 percent certainty i am in the creds, just not sure if my interview made the movie or not. Here is another trailer and my buddy lance is in it for certain. He was arrested in a FBI sting operation in 1995 called "operation rock cut". If you google it, you will probably find a variety of info. What it boils down to was they government spent millions trying to prove snake hunters were illegally taking animals from national parks and trafficing. Lance was charged with loads of stuff. ALL CHARGES WERE DROPPED. The government only gave back the weapons confiscated. The animals (snakes) that were taken, were never seen again. Here is another trailer... Again the point is we dont break laws, but how we are treated you would think we were the most dangerous folks in the world. In America, it's ok to kill snakes, its just not ok to collect them, save them or appreciate them in any way other than on keychains, boots or belts...

Small Scale Films Presents :: Alterna Rush The Movie

If you google gray banded kingsnake or grayband kingsnake you will see it's an amazing looking snake. They are variable and the nickname I got from the community "darkphase" is because i tend to only find the darker animals which are usually harder to see on the rocks. I own www.graybandedkingsnake.com but have never done anything with it. I need to but just haven't...

I actually have many different gray banded kingsnakes... Dark ones, light ones, orange, no orange, etc... I have a special built house behind mine that's the reptile room with all the critters. I keep no venomous or pythons/boas as I have ZERO desire to cause problems or get in trouble. Just native kingsnakes and ratsnakes. all of which are legal...