p570wm 4930k overclocking

louis1978uk

i still have a long way to go until i understand exactly how to get the most from a clevo and intel cpu but im reasonably happy with where im at so far..

XTU - louis1978uk - Core i7 4930K

4500mhz 24/7 reliable and not hot

ram 2133 quad channel cl11-13-12

any advise or tips are warmly welcome i would love to push 4600mhz but frankly i think thats a bit of a big ask from this machine and into the realms of water...

- - - Updated - - -

hmm got 2 cores at 4600mhz 4500 remaining 4 cores and the fans were going full tilt the back was getting a little serious . . .

8299229132_553038a1be_h_zps5b09a32a.jpg

max score 1272 now after backing the clocks down to 4300mhz hmm interesting playing with timing window for turbo now as it seems to have a larger effect than pure mhz...

• Thumbs Up 1

hmm managed too eek out another 10 points 1282 by tightening my ram timmings down from

CL11-13-12@2133 >>>

CL10-12-11@2133

ram kingston hyperX-impact 4x4gb modules (QUAD channel.)

Any advise from this point on would be wicked id love to break 1300 points before i sell the old girl

• Thumbs Up 1

hmm managed too eek out another 10 points 1282 by tightening my ram timmings down from

CL11-13-12@2133 >>>

CL10-12-11@2133

ram kingston hyperX-impact 4x4gb modules (QUAD channel.)

Any advise from this point on would be wicked id love to break 1300 points before i sell the old girl

incredible score on Xtu I have the same ram in 8gb modules over dual channel. They definitely rock, excellent getting that much performance out of your Eurocom :D very cool, I dig it

nice work on your timings as well. You could see what I did on my timings and see if you can drop anything else down in your timings if your trying to squeeze a bit more perfirmance but you definitely want to test for stability a bit if your going to leave them flashed like that. Im using mine at 11-11-11-27 but they are into the CL10 timing in nanoseconds. Ill share link in this post.

http://forum.techinferno.com/showthread.php?p=114764

you could see where I went with timings using Thaiphoon Burner I posted the full timings and the original timings for comparison. I have the Impact modules from a month or two ago they have 11-11-11-31 2133 as stock 1.35v

I know they made a revision and released the modules I think you are using now. I think they just made them at the new timings to work with a broader amount of motherboards. I dont know :) hope you get a few more points and hit your goal :)

When i plugged them in they default to 1866cl11 im gutted multipliers capped at 2133 would have been jnteresting to trh for 2400 as she seems a pretty strong chip... i can run 11-11-11-27 :) just got in bed now though scouring the net for any and all 570wm overclocking info i can find as i cant see the strap setting vcore or vcc in bios...

BIOS settings are more stable and will get you further with your OC than doing it in XTU.

Most important is to raise the TDP, Amps, Turbo Time and make good use of FN+1 full fan function.

All things possible are in the BIOS Mod...what ain't there ain't possible. ;)

Hi Prema,

...*you were using a 2667 V2 in your V4 bois P570wm* youtube video what can you do to overclock the E5 2680 V2 on the 570wm**

and if not possible* can you do better *with the 4960X ?

using ..

1. normal clevo*bios*

2. V4 prema bios

3. A Hammer* ;-)

not necessarily... your oced 4930k already easily exceeds 150w i bet. but could be that a 4960x is higher quality silicon from the center of the wafer being able to clock higher at lower voltage and thus give off less heat... but in the end its always that chip lottery i guess :D u might be quite lucky with that cpu of urs already ;)

• Thumbs Up 1

In our tests the 4930k clocked better than the 4960x, because the later is set to higher factory voltage by default and gets too hot and throttles.

(There is no way to undervolt it on this system only overvolt)

Hi Prema,

...*you were using a 2667 V2 in your V4 bois P570wm* youtube video what can you do to overclock the E5 2680 V2 on the 570wm**

and if not possible* can you do better *with the 4960X ?

using ..

1. normal clevo*bios*

2. V4 prema bios

3. A Hammer* ;-)

3. The "Irish screw driver" > Xeons can't be OCed :P

you can't apply static voltage like on Alien 18 haswell @Prema ? asking because I didnt know and am shocked. Using adaptive or dynamic voltage offset you can go up but like you say not down below stock volt but for me if I set to static voltage only I can undervolt as low as would brick the motherboard lol. Is bios or motherboard limitation??

I must say im not much of a fan of these haswells... clock 2 4930mx in p30sm and p370sm3 both fall over at 4400 i miss ivy bridge if p370em took sli 980 id get my old machine out the loft... that didnt throttle held 4600mhz...

Yeah they really put off a lot of heat. Selling to someone close to me for almost nothing my Alien 18 want this person to have a nice premium system. Ill be keeping busy on a desktop from the parts I won and a 4790k for some nice fun. See what Devils Canyon is all about then give that to my mother so she has a newer system probably not need one for years to come. Think Ill get a Clevo type build if they ever succeed at putting the crazy 5960x with DDR4 in one. I definitely found you can do more at less mhz Louis, try a baseclock overlock on stock ram timings for faster ram and drop your multiplier to hit your target mhz. example 102.2or higherbaseclock and 44x for 4.5ghz around or 104.3baseclock at 43x for 4.5ghz. or target 4.4ghz or 4.6ghz but you may not need a high mhz if you can get your ram around 2200mhz baseclocking and wouldnt need to raise mhz or volts to gain more cpu performance. check on physics score improves dramatically at the same cpu speed compared.