M18xR1 BIOS bad options auto-recovery?

Ezio21

ypu should worst case scenario be able to remove the cmos battery wire and battery and hold power for 30 seconds then reassemble and bios is reset. thats worst case and most times a few tries booting a bad option will cause the bios to reset or will disable the Overclock options to try to boot itself again so you should have no worries even on an ES Cpu model. cheers :)

ES works good on flex 0 multiplier: 40/37/35/35. Won't overclock higher because I think this speed is more than enough speed. It's already killing even most of desktop cpu's.

Can I post working settings on this forum using ES i7-2920XM cpu? I think it's popular one for Alienware m18x but poeple don't know whether it's worth buying it.

Regards

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have i7-2920XM ES and I would like to know if i set incorrect BIOS performance options will it reset after failed boot or have I to reset it manually and disassemble whole laptop?

Regards

You don't need to disassemble the whole laptop. Just follow this [instructions] Power Drain | Clear CMOS and you should be fine.