Upgrading Clevo p170em

Freakser

Hey Guys, im thinking about upgrading my One Gamestar 17" Notebook. It is a Clevo p170em Barebone Notebook. I often have laggs in Games like Call of Duty Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and Diablo 3.

Here are my specs:

Windows 8.1 Home EditionIntel®

Intel® 7 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Intel® Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz

HD Graphics 4000 (2112 MB)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M

Harddiscs: ST9750422AS (698 GB),SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series (119 GB)

Killer Wireless-N 1202 (2.4GHz and 5GHz)

16272 MB Ram

Windows is installed on the SSD, all Games on HDD.

Where do you think would it make sense to upgrade the system?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers! Sry for my bad english :P

Freakser

There is no need. Your system, although the best of the series P1xxxM has been locked against dGPU upgrade. The other hand, replacement of the CPU for faster one (i7 3940XM) is pointless because of high temperatures due to the lower (than the previous generation) chip surface. The only thing I can recommend in your case is purchase of the i7 2960XM.

also it would make sense to put the most played games on the ssd.

bf3 for instace loads a lot faster from ssd so your always first on server which gives u the possibility to pick the vehicles first

otherwise its best to safe money and buy a new laptop in Q2 2015 if you want more power

also it would make sense to put the most played games on the ssd.

bf3 for instace loads a lot faster from ssd so your always first on server which gives u the possibility to pick the vehicles first

otherwise its best to safe money and buy a new laptop in Q2 2015 if you want more power

Isn't BF set up so that there is a wait prior to actually starting a match?

afaik u cant oc your cpu, try prema bios and xtu , but u will only be able to "play" aorund with your cpu.

what games u play most? normally the cpu doesn t limit that much

overclocking the 680m can be very very good, u can have it oc ed 30% or more. just look around in the old threads. get yourself some knowledge, flash a custom rom and get oc enthusiast