Astronomy videos

unreal25

Always great to see such comparisons and footage... it's simply astonishing! Heck, the last couple of the stars in the fist video have a diameter that is several times the distance between earth and sun...

And the deep field photos are always great to see, makes me feel even less important, hahahaha.

• Founder

Even if there is life out there, I bet its microbial or low level intelligence (e.g. animals). Why do people always assume "aliens" would have to be more advanced than humans? Our biology is extremely advanced and can't be discounted so easily.

• Founder

As of 2003 astronomers have published a new estimate of the total number of stars in the universe to be 70 sextillion (70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000) stars with the age of the universe estimated at 13.75 ± 0.11 billion years, so statistically the chances of life not existing out there are kinda low imo. Now, if they are more intelligent than we are or they are in a different plane of existence that we cannot perceive is kinda hard to tell :D

Actually, it was my general qualifying exam in physics grad school. Pretty much the only exam that's possible to fail here. :) So they are allowed to ask you pretty much anything.... and they certainly used that right on my exam. :D