OEM 8GB NVIDIA GTX 880M question

omega939

Eh guys I got a noob question though... I am planning to get an OEM 8GB NVIDIA GTX 880M .... Is this compatible with an MSI GT60 (MS-16F3) if I update the stock vbios to one of @svl7 modded vbios? I got an unlock bios for the notebook. with "Launch Video OpROM - enabled/disabled/enabled when no UEFI driver... I hope i can get a feedback asap... Thanks

first you need update your Systembios and EC Firmware. The 51x is the newest version and with this works the "old" GTX780M perfectly, so i think the GTX880M will also work. But why do you don´t wait for the first GTX970M/GTX980M MXM Boards ? Then you get more performance for the same money (with the GTX970M). I think this Cards will also work.

16f3 51x.zip

@iTzZent

I've Successfully flashed my GT60 to the file you gave me plus the firmware too!!!! btw... I'm still using Win 7 btw.. the ec firmware there is for what win operating system? Thanks again!!! i think i may have to wait for the 970 or 980m maxwell then :-).. for the meantime i'll use the hd 4000 igpu since my 680m fried out on me... overvolt :-(

Do you have an unlock bios with 51x? And what does that ec firmware do? Win 7, win 8 compliant too ? I used to have the modded ec firmware but updated it with your ec firmware too...

Boot mode default is legacy and or UEFI. Default is legacy. For win 8 is? Do i need to change it ti UEFI if i upgrade to GTX 780,880, or 980m models?

• 3 months later...
Hi

I have same problem.

Have a MS-16F3 M.B. bios E16F3IG6.30E. and new GTX 880M.

HWiNFO recongize perfet NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M (GK104M) [Micro-Star International]

But Windows and Nviadia Driver not work

Solution?

Solved my updating bios with file posted by iTzZent and mod inf dirver file

Thank you!!!