I am trying to find unlocked bios for overclocking but i cannot find it from a few days please someone help in me. its for my alienware 17 r3 with 970m and i7 6700hq.
my dumped gpu bios
i would really appreciate your help!
and btw rn i OCed thru msi after burner core clock +135 and memory clock +250.
cpu gpuz pic
New BIOS (A04) for the Alienware 17 is available on the Dell driver site.
Seems from now on we will see systems that come with the new chipset stepping (no more USB sleep bug).
Grab the update here: Driver Details | Dell US
Fixes & enhancements:
1. Support Intel PCH C2 chipset.
2. Update ePSA 4228A12(4228.19).
3. Modify SMBIOS Type 1 information.
4. Update Microcode 306C3h Rev.12h.
5. Enhance WOL function under Sleep status.
6. Modify hardware reserved memory.
7. Enhance graphic performance for Nvidia Optimus.
New BIOS got released for the Alienware 17, unfortunately Dell didn't provide at change log, at least not yet... let's hope they don't fall back on old habits and stop providing any information...
Here's some information about what has changed:
- Intel GOP driver update
- some stuff that I think is XTU related
- a few minor other adjustments
- EC update, a lot of changes, probably also an adjustment of the fan algorithm as in the AW18 A03 bios.
>> Download link (direct) <<
Dell just pushed the first BIOS update for the new Alienware 17 to their support site.
Download here: Driver Details | Dell US
1. Update Intel GOP 5.0.1032.
2. Update Intel VBIOS 2175.
3. Modify load default behavior in Setup Menu.
4. Enhance secure boot function.
5. Enhance Panel information interface.
6. Update Microcode 306C3h Rev.09h.
7. Add New ROM part support.
8. Disable WLAN ASPM L0s.
9. Modify SATA configuration behavior for tool load default.
10. Add CMFC OEM Project Function.
11. Enable Nvidia GC6 function