Completely disassembled the m14x for the 2nd time

I had to change the chassis since the screws were stripped.

1. No 3rd Sata port.

2. Be careful with your spring loaded screws or your tearing it all down completely.

3. Think I am now alienware certified for the m14x as it only took me 1:35 to tear it down and put it back together.

4. Have more pics (on cardboard) so you guys don't freak but nothing really new gained.

5. Last i know have a base that's solid and a new palm rest with no dings at all.

All installed by little o' me.

Best Wishes,

Stevenx

Edited by Stevenxowens792
  • Thumbs Up 3

How are the hinges? Two people on nbr say that theirs are breaking. How is overall build quality? And how is performance? Do you think that this will be able to play battlefield 3 on high settings? Not maxes but high. And what is the fps on bbc2 with shadows on high instead of low? Would you recommend this laptop? I was thinking of getting the sager np8130 with the 560m. Thanks.

Cheers coolguy -

1. Notebook is solid for 6 pounds. Understand it's not the old m15x which was a tank, but it's solid. Hinges are fine. Some folks are a bit rough on the notebooks and expect them to be tonka toys.

2. Performance is great. Witcher 2 @high settings at 35/36 fps native rez.

3. Black ops at 65-95 fps depending on server latency and server population.

4. Dragons age 2 with dx 11 and very high texture pack, 2aa/af (35-43 fps) native rez

5. BFBC2 native rez, all high 65 fps avg (90fps avg approx with shadows low)

6. Battlefield 3 at high? Have no idea. Looking at all the vids I watched from e3 the multiplayer looks amazing. It's going to push our machines hard. Maybe at medium to high settings but we'll see. I dont worry about AA/AF on fast pace multiplayer stuff, just good details and smooth graphics.

Good questions and Good Luck!

Steven X

Cool thanks a lot! I think I'm going for this. The hinges were really the only things scaring me. And battlefield 3 if course. So all high bad company 2 gets 60 fps avg. That's awesome. The 560m only gets about 30 avg in the jungle levels. Granted its on a 1080p screen though. Thanks again!!!