EXP GDC Beast/Ares-V7/V6 discussion

The banggood EXP GDC V6 advertising says

They've omitted the "1x 6 pin Graphics power cable". Something I'd recommend you chase up with banggood. Pls advise if this is a one off or other customers have been affected.

Ahh makes sense now, they did include the PSU adapter (which I have no use for since I'm using the DA-2). Sent a ticket to CS, hope they can still send me one. Just too bad it's probably gonna take weeks again.

I hadn't as I figured the result would be the opposite of what I wanted. I thought that if I'd brought this anomaly to their attention they might rectify it (ie. replace the splitter with the actual cable displayed in the picture). Turns out they already rectified this mistake, too bad for me :P

Ah, bummer!

Then this needs to be updated in the thread too.

As for the EXP GDC package, did you receive the ATX-cable at least?

Yep, that was included, but I have no use for it since I use the DA-2.

Thanks, that explains what kind of package they deliver: the "ATX package".

Weird enough they state that you should get the 6-pin PCIe cable if you scroll down on the page.

You could tell them this and probably receive the extra cable as compensation at least.

EDIT: I can see that both me and Nando is trying to figure this out =)

Well, I found this splitter in a Dutch shop..

KA974-83433.jpg

I should be able to attach this to the Cooler Master 6-pin -> 6-pin. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow :P (yeah, I just ordered it, don't want to wait any longer)

Sorry I hate to burst your bubble but this is not the correct cable matey..

Just order from yoy buy man, it will cost like $10 bucks only

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Sorry I hate to burst your bubble but this is not the correct cable matey..

Just order from yoy buy man, it will cost like $10 bucks only

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I know it's not the same as the original cable but it will fit on the Cooler Master 6-pin to 6-pin I already have! :)

I know it's not the same as the original cable but it will fit on the Cooler Master 6-pin to 6-pin I already have! :)

Yep, that will work since you already have a male end from your coolermaster cable.

Well, it's time to find some new modular split-cables for the first page, alert me if you happen to find one.

Well, I found this splitter in a Dutch shop..

KA974-83433.jpg

I should be able to attach this to the Cooler Master 6-pin -> 6-pin. Hopefully it arrives tomorrow :P (yeah, I just ordered it, don't want to wait any longer)

I've just got an idea. Why You just cut off black male connectors i solder cables together??? you will get 6+2/6+2 male POWER PCIe. The pin places in connectors are the same, right??? Or revers??? Maybe I'm wrong??;D Correct me if necesery.

@jcagara08

The enclosure is 28.5CM inner length, that would fit your card exactly :)

The height measures ~15,5CM, I think 1.5CM would be reserved for the EXP GDC, leaving you 14CM (excluding the x16 GPU connector) of max height. That would actually work!

Hey Im back yes I measure my GPU;

Length - if PCB only excluding that steel part where the outputs stick out its like 27cm only, if including that steel part its like 28.5CM!

Width - for GPU its like 4.5 cm but if inlcuding the exp gdc its 5 - 5.5CM

Height - GPU plus the EXP GDC adapter is like 14.5CM. If including the PCIe cables with its curvature, its like 15-16CM

Great! Now which one are we talking about again? LOL the acrylic or the steel one?

Can I secure the EXP GDC by screwing it to the acrylic enclosure? Is that possible?

And that steel part with the output ports stick out, can it be screwed to the enclosure?

- - - Updated - - -

I've just got an idea. Why You just cut off black male connectors i solder cables together??? you will get 6+2/6+2 male POWER PCIe. The pin places in connectors are the same, right??? Or revers??? Maybe I'm wrong??;D Correct me if necesery.

Actually I have extra cables here but I'm afraid packages from the middle east especially containing with wires will surely scare the issh out of your post office, heck even your customs LOL

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey Im back yes I measure my GPU;

Length - if PCB only excluding that steel part where the outputs stick out its like 27cm only, if including that steel part its like 28.5CM!

Width - for GPU its like 4.5 cm but if inlcuding the exp gdc its 5 - 5.5CM

Height - GPU plus the EXP GDC adapter is like 14.5CM. If including the PCIe cables with its curvature, its like 15-16CM

Great! Now which one are we talking about again? LOL the acrylic or the steel one?

Can I secure the EXP GDC by screwing it to the acrylic enclosure? Is that possible?

And that steel part with the output ports stick out, can it be screwed to the enclosure?

Ok, if the steel part you are referring to is the 90 degree lip/bracket, then you are good since it will stick out through an opening in the enclosure.

Width of enclosure: no problem,

Height of enclosure: It's should fit your GPU perfect

Yes, I'm referring to the acrylic enclosure (linked in the first post under "Accessories"), I haven't got any confirmation about the V6 compatibility yet for the steel enclosure.

To be honest I think the GPU will fit pretty good and tight with the support of PCIe cables and x16 connector, I don't think screwing it in place is needed at all (I don't see any holes for that).

To sum it up: I think this enclosure will fit your GPU perfectly and I'd give it a try if I were you, since it is not very expensive.

Bah.. I got everything ready now and... Nothing happens when I plug everything in. The GPU fan won't spin up, the 8-pin connector on the egpu board doesn't even light up blue (it should, right?). The light on the Dell DA-2 adapter is orange. Things I suppose could be broken are: expresscard port on my laptop, the EXP GDC, the Dell DA-2... Any suggestions? :P

Orange light on DA-2 suggest that there is no power. Maybe you choose bad GPU Sice GTX 560 TI have a TDP level above 280W and DA-2 is offering only max 220W

Try standard PSU 450W+ with clean 12V line over 23A

How did You connect additional 6pin cables that you bought ??? maybe you made mistake and connect it wrong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Orange light on DA-2 suggest that there is no power. Maybe you choose bad GPU Sice GTX 560 TI have a TDP level above 280W and DA-2 is offering only max 220W

Try standard PSU 450W+ with clean 12V line over 23A

How did You connect additional 6pin cables that you bought ??? maybe you made mistake and connect it wrong.

The 560ti draws about 170W according to Nvidia, so that should be fine. The 6-pin power goes from the EXP GDC to the Cooler Master 6-pin -> 6-pin cable to the 6-pin splitter cable to the GPU. There basically is only one way to connect it.

I was indeed planning on trying out an old PSU first. I've no clue whether the old PSU I have lying around my parents home somewhere is actually 450W+ though..

Hello guys! So, here a lot of messages, just 42 pages. Well, maybe I've missed some. I have problem I have ordered EXP GDC from Aliexpress, but with out power supply. I'm waiting about one month to get exp (still waiting!!!). Tomorrow I think it will be here. Actually I don't know about power supply, I don't want to wait still month or more for ordering power supply. Who can tell me. May I use 19V power supply from Laptop (DC jack as I got)? There will be Nvidia GTX 750 Ti and it need about 60 watt.

Can someone who already have an 6pin to 6pin/8pin cable post some scheme or detailed pictures from we could see how cables are connected??? I've found a male connectors and pins in electronics shop in my town. All a have to do is put everything together in right order:D

Well, I tried it with the old PSU and it works now. Thank god the DA-2 was faulty, the EXP GDC / my laptop would've been harder to replace :)

I get this warning though:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)"

Do I need Setup 1.x to get it to work with windows 8.1 ?

Can someone who already have an 6pin to 6pin/8pin cable post some scheme or detailed pictures from we could see how cables are connected??? I've found a male connectors and pins in electronics shop in my town. All a have to do is put everything together in right order:D

Lol, remember doing this schematic for EXP GDC 6-pin cable once:

eb1YLhT.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I tried it with the old PSU and it works now. Thank god the DA-2 was faulty, the EXP GDC / my laptop would've been harder to replace :)

I get this warning though:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)"

Do I need Setup 1.x to get it to work with windows 8.1 ?

Which GPU's are active in your system atm?

Also, test powering the eGPU just before win logo.

- - - Updated - - -

I called a lot of stores near me and found one power supply. It's 12V and 5A, DC jack. Will be it okay (Videocard GTX 750 Ti)?

I think it could work, it's on the edge though since the 750ti is ~55-60W.

I would go for an adapter ~65-70W to be safe, since some adapters doesn't perform well during high load.

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-OEM-GZCX12500A-12V-6A-Monitor-AC-ADAPTER-TLM1718L-/390932355066?pt=US_Monitor_Power_Supplies&hash=item5b056257fa

• Thumbs Up 2

Which GPU's are active in your system atm?

Also, test powering the eGPU just before win logo.

Just the intel HD 3000 and the gtx 560ti, I'll try that now and post the results of that :P

EDIT:

That didn't really work, but then again, it's kinda hard to time because the laptop boots pretty fast.

BTW:

In the DSDT override thread (used to battle error 12) it says the problem is known to occur in Elitebooks with an AMD GPU but mine doesn't have an AMD GPU :/

I also tried it with 2GB RAM in stead of 8GB, still the same problem.

I just recived My EXP GDC v6.0 from Banggood and I think it wasn't mistake because I didn't get 6pin to 6/8pin(male-male) cable too. Just ATX-cable.:(

I've wrote to them email. I will post the answer soon.

I've just got answer from banggood:

"Dear Jakub,

We are sorry about that,this set is matching with the ATX power cable,and this cable is supply the power.We are sorry for didn't updata the message immediately.You can try about to connect it.If have any question,please contact us.

Best regard

Riga "

So they "FORGOT" to update info in the item description...no comment