What the heck? Why is it asking me to download php files?

ragingazn628

I don't know what I did wrong with my forums. Maybe I screwed up the files or database?

Tech-N-Deals | Latest Technology | Hottest Deals

Every other page it asks me to download .php files like index.php experience.php etc. or sometimes in posts it asks me to download htm files O.o

I've tried a few things:

-Reloaded by back up forums folder (everything)

-Re-uploaded vBulletin

gah help :(

edit:

Two things I remember doing wrong:

1. I accidentally changed the main forum folder "forum" to "forum1"

2. I accidentally uploaded .htaccess of vbseo and replaced the current one

:(

Edited by ragingazn628

For the htaccess file I forgot to upload the new vbseo 3.6 one over the old 3.52 so that's what I uploaded.

where can I see the Apche's config file (or is that the htaccess file?)

Is it happening to you as well? When you go to my forums does it ask you to download php files? I just downloaded and installed Opera and it hasn't asked me to download anything so far. Happens on Chrome and Firefox.

Edited by ragingazn628

• Founder

if you're on a VPS (Virtual Private Server) then you have access to your apache's config file, depending on the disto it runs on it'll either be in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf or /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

If you're running from a hosted environment, you usually only have access to .htaccess, which can override/add to what's in apache's config.

I am on Chrome and so far it hasn't asked me to download anything.

It might have something to do with permissions, but i am just shooting in the dark.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder
Wow, seems like a lot of work. Michael, where did you learn this stuff? You've always seemed very knowledged on networking and such.

Learned a lot setting up T|I, but that's also kinda my profession, so i have a good background there.

• Thumbs Up 1