Sager 9380-S Backlit keyboard issue

pkb.mac

My Sager finally arrived. So far, so good. The only problem I'm having is with the backlighting on the keyboard. At the moment, I'm unable to change the colors, or to turn it off. Hotkey force-closes at each boot, so it may be related, but I can still launch the backlight app with the fn button combination. The Fn combination to turn the backlight off does nothing, and the colors can't seem to be altered in the control app. Any thoughts?

Also, is there a way to disable the osd for the Realtek drivers, without disabling the program? Alternately, is it worth keeping the program running?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

My Sager finally arrived. So far, so good. The only problem I'm having is with the backlighting on the keyboard. At the moment, I'm unable to change the colors, or to turn it off. Hotkey force-closes at each boot, so it may be related, but I can still launch the backlight app with the fn button combination. The Fn combination to turn the backlight off does nothing, and the colors can't seem to be altered in the control app. Any thoughts?

Also, is there a way to disable the osd for the Realtek drivers, without disabling the program? Alternately, is it worth keeping the program running?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Have you tried with reinstalling or installing an older version of the hotkey driver?

Thanks for all of the responses. At this point, the problem is (for the moment, anyway) resolved. After the most recent restart, everything seems to be fine. A Windows update may have helped with this in some way. I have no conclusive evidence, so I can't verify, but that's the only thing I can think of changing between the last shut-down and the current boot. I wish I had more helpful info to relay. Sorry.

Also, it looks like the osd I was mentioning is related to Hotkey (the osd in the upper-left corner). Is there any way to disable this while keeping Hotkey running?