What to upgrade? Need opinions

Leo14

After playing Battlefield 4 Beta, I've realized I need to upgrade something.. I have a m17xR3 with a 460m. Plain and simple, I'm thinking about either getting a SSD, or upgrading the 460m to something along the lines of a 580/680 possibly, depending what is available and what fits.. I know I should probably put some more specs in here, so if need be I will later on.

Battlefield taxes the cpu and the gpu. A SSD won't help with the game, it just makes thing load a lot faster. So if you are upgrading just for the game, upgrade the cpu and/or the gpu.

Thanks, will definitely look into upgrading both

The SSD will help in loading the same faster that's really all there is to it. So yes... you would be able to join a fight quicker. The samsung 840 Pro is my recommendation 97000 Iops is damned fast (that's for the 128GB, faster read and writes with the higher capacity models). I ran the beta pretty fluently with 7970m. The 680m out performs the 7970m so that would be my recommendation.

The SSD will help in loading the same faster that's really all there is to it. So yes... you would be able to join a fight quicker. The samsung 840 Pro is my recommendation 97000 Iops is damned fast (that's for the 128GB, faster read and writes with the higher capacity models). I ran the beta pretty fluently with 7970m. The 680m out performs the 7970m so that would be my recommendation.

Thanks for the opinions guys, I ended up going with a 660m (on sale from dell today) Tried to get a 580m but they were out of stock, and I dont know how much the 680's are, I think over 500 at least right?

Well, prior to previous beliefs I was just told that the 660/680 doesn't work for our systems? Well the m17xr3 at least.. further reasearch showed me that somethign with 3D and the bios but this was from 2012 I saw all this from, can someone confirm? What card can/should I upgrade to? I don't understand. But I was sold the GTX 660 for the desktop... Lied to by dell/alienware, and charged for something I didn't agree to. Now they are being a PITA with canceling and they also don't have a 660m and are checking on a 580m.. Damn dell, and they are so stupid over there I can't even fathom it. None of them know what the difference between a 660 and a 660m is I swear.