Best BIOS for W230ST ?

sakelob

Hello.. newbie here. Just bought this baby 2 days ago, the BIOS is 1.00.02.(something like that)

May i know what is the best BIOS version so far ? for stability and performance..

And my Android phone is unable to connect, it just keep connecting and disconnecting every time i plugged it in. Anyone face the same problem? does any new BIOS has fix it?

And I am from Malaysia, hello for all ... :D In Malaysia , this baby branded "illegear" , Model "RE-13PRO"

Hello.. newbie here. Just bought this baby 2 days ago, the BIOS is 1.00.02.(something like that)

May i know what is the best BIOS version so far ? for stability and performance..

And my Android phone is unable to connect, it just keep connecting and disconnecting every time i plugged it in. Anyone face the same problem? does any new BIOS has fix it?

And I am from Malaysia, hello for all ... :D In Malaysia , this baby branded "illegear" , Model "RE-13PRO"

The latest BIOS & EC v5 do quiet well, you can find them here.

If your phone disconnects then its a driver issue and not BIOS related, have no problems here with my HTC...

If your phone disconnects then its a driver issue and not BIOS related, have no problems here with my HTC...

This may be a stupid question but is the BIOS you have linked to here safe to use on any Clevo W230ST, regardless of Country or "brand"?

This may be a stupid question but is the BIOS you have linked to here safe to use on any Clevo W230ST, regardless of Country or "brand"?

I have one question more about. Is there any way to save the stock branded bios in order to can flash it for RMA's?

Thank you for your reply. :D I just found out maybe my android custom rom is not compatible with the USB port, my wife's original note 3 has no problem in USB connecting. may try the latest bios but afraid gets brick ... :ambivalence:

Sure! It's the stock Clevo BIOS & EC.

I have one question more about. Is there any way to save the stock branded bios in order to can flash it for RMA's?

It's better to ask your re-seller for the latest files in advance as downgrading to an older version bricks the system in some cases. so flashing a backup after updating to the latest BIOS is often not a good idea.

Sure! It's the stock Clevo BIOS & EC.

It's better to ask your re-seller for the latest files in advance as downgrading to an older version bricks the system in some cases. so flashing a backup after updating to the latest BIOS is often not a good idea.

ok, but if my re-seller doesn't update the bios what can I do?

ok, but if my re-seller doesn't update the bios what can I do?

Just use the latest stock BIOS that are provided here, too.

You can't stay on an old BIOS forever just because your re-seller doesn't do its job. ;)

I found a problem here. My BIOS is 1.00.02 something... When I installed Nvidia offical latest 327.23 driver, my processor temperature gone very high reaches 99C. At the same time I reinstalled back to 311.xx driver download from Sager driver site, the temperature just gone down to 75C. Is that driver issue or BIOS issue? anyone having latest BIOS with latest Nvida driver here? mind to share your experience too :)??

* gaming test .

I found a problem here. My BIOS is 1.00.02 something... When I installed Nvidia offical latest 327.23 driver, my processor temperature gone very high reaches 99C. At the same time I reinstalled back to 311.xx driver download from Sager driver site, the temperature just gone down to 75C. Is that driver issue or BIOS issue? anyone having latest BIOS with latest Nvida driver here? mind to share your experience too :)??

* gaming test .

Nvidia drivers have been a bit flaky lately, your W230ST BIOS needs should be fulfilled very soon...

I've finally found the best BIOS, "PREMA V1 MOD" is the best.

Update: the new BIOS - Prema Mod V1 has fixed my USB connection problems !! and gaming performance has improved since i coming from 1.00.02 stock BIOS. Will come back later after 1 week test.

Update: My Galaxy S2 is again unable to do the USB connection.. it keep reconnecting. Maybe the phone model is too old, unable to match the new chipset controller. My wife's galaxy Note 2 connection is fine.

From 1.00.02 to prema mod v1 1.00.05 improments:

1)Power button is more responsive.

2)Boot up speed is slightly faster. ( using SSD )

3)Gaming performance improved. ( Very sure :amazed: )

4)Fan speed control is better, noise level has reduced.

5)Turbo boost can be disable.

6) ADVANCED BIOS Setting :P

Sorry to all, Im new here. Where to find teh Bios to update?

Thanks in advance.

Every newcomer is required to make 5 useful posts before he becomes a valuable member and can download all the sweet files here. ;)

Pst, look in my sig ;)

Hey prema, One more question.

My stock bios is 1.00.03 and the EC is 1.00.01. I can update directly then to your fantastic bios?

Thanks!!

Yep!

ENJOY :)

Guys my BIOS version is 1.00.04. Should I update to BIOS:1.00.05 (some people have this)? Where to get it? Will it make any difference? Thank you.

Mod and stock BIOS all HERE!

Nice, Bios updated and a huge pack of new features enabled!!!

I have one little problem. I have the low battery beep disabled in the bios but the computer continues beeping like hell when battery is low, is there any way to solve this?

LOL, yeah that's part of Clevos EC update side-effects. Power the system off and remove the PSU for like 30 seconds. After that the beep should be gone.

ENJOY the Mod ! :)

Based on your expertise what are the optimum settings in your latest bios mod? System is as follows:

cpu: 4700mq

video: gtx765m

ram: samsung 8bg 1600 mhz ddr3

Is it possible for the samsung ram without heasink to be overclocked at least to 1866 mhz?

My Samsung RAM does 2400Mhz, but its the Low Voltage version. I guess 1866Mhz or 2133Mhz should work, try it.