T430s SD card reader not working

Gwypaas

Hi, I recently bought a T430s and when I tried to insert a SD card it did not show up in my computer. I've tried 3 different SD cards the sizes are16 gb, 32 gb and 2 gb and neither of them shows up, to make sure the problem is not in the SD card I tried using the SD cards in 2 cameras and 2 other laptops. In all those devices the cards works.

I have tried installing these drivers from this thread https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/New-T430s-4-in-1-express-card-SD-reader-missing-driver/td-p/794793 but it did not work.

I also tried following the instructions in this thread T430s card reader cannot read 16 GB SDHC card - Lenovo Community but that did not help either.

According to the device manager the Ricoh PCIe SDXC/MMC Host Controller is working correctly. The Ricoh SD Disk Device is also working correctly. Whenever I insert the SD card the Sound for a new device plays, and when i remove the SD card the removal sound plays.

I uninstalled Ricoh Media driver and now one of the cards showed up but Windows complains about that it needs to be formatted, but the size is 0 so that doesn't work either. Tried installing the driver again and now they show up in the device manager again and proudly says that they are working but the SD card still doesn't show up.

If I go into the device manager and forcibly update the the Ricoh SD Disk Device then it says:

Disc: Disc 1

Type: Removable

Partitiontype: MBR (Master Boot Record)

Capacity: 15807 MB

Non-allocated space: 0 MB

Allocated space: 0 MB

For the 32 gb SD card everything is the same but instead it says "Capacity: 30828 MB".

How can I fix this? I'm going away for 7 weeks with my laptop so I need to fix it ASAP and I dont have time to send the laptop back to Lenovo.

Edit:

When the SD card is inserted a storage device pops up in the device manager. The name of the device is just "Unknown device" and the status is that it can't find any installed drivers for the device.