Question for svl7

Psyrecx

Would it be possible to get an unwhitelisted but not unlocked BIOS for my Y500 with a GT750M?

I don't care much for all the other things unlocking it opens, I'm only interested in swapping out the network card. If I have something I can mess with I have a habit of doing so whether it's needed or not. Therefore not having an unlocked, but unwhitelisted BIOS would be best for me.

If this is possible, it would be very much appreciated.

svl7 has answered this question several times before. Since he's not here right now, I'll answer for him. If you don't like the unlocked menus then don't mess with them. Simple as that. If you need to take your laptop in for service and don't want the technicians to see that you're running a modded BIOS then just flash the stock one back. That's what you kept the backup of it for.

• Thumbs Up 1