[Y500 CPU OVERCLOCK]Need some help!

Brown

Hi guys i already followed the guide by svl7 and updated and unlocked my bios

i got my 650m sli working overclocked now :)

but now i want to overclock my cpu and i can't seem to find anywhere how to do that?

i would appreciate if someone could help me with that.

Greetings,

Brown

Hi guys i already followed the guide by svl7 and updated and unlocked my bios

i got my 650m sli working overclocked now :)

but now i want to overclock my cpu and i can't seem to find anywhere how to do that?

i would appreciate if someone could help me with that.

Greetings,

Brown

BCLK overclocking is your only hope, and it won't get you much of an overclock. I don't know how to unlock the security settings on a lenovo without desoldering the ME FW chip, but if if figure out a way then this might work:

http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2091-lets-enable-overclocking-all-6-7-series-laptops.html

won't it be possible with XTU ?

Unless you want everthing to be fried. Overclocking a CPU in a laptop is and always has been a DONT. It's like recreating Chernobyl in a micro environment.

Unless you have a Alienware laptop or something similar ofcourse. But I am not going to pay 1000$ for a 2920XM i am seeinghere. You can spend that extra money on a new laptop and upgrade more often.

But that sure is a nice overclock. Khenglish

It depends on what laptop and cpu you have. If you can get xtu to work you can oc it. It is indeed recommended not to oc your cpu, but if your laptop runs cool and you keep your temps down. I don't think ocing would be a problem than.

Unless you want everthing to be fried. Overclocking a CPU in a laptop is and always has been a DONT. It's like recreating Chernobyl in a micro environment.

Unless you have a Alienware laptop or something similar ofcourse. But I am not going to pay 1000$ for a 2920XM i am seeinghere. You can spend that extra money on a new laptop and upgrade more often.

But that sure is a nice overclock. Khenglish

Really? I am seeing 2920XM's going for low $200s on eBay. A pretty nice deal if you have a large Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge laptop with plenty of airflow and cooling and want to overclock the stuffing out of it.

Really? I am seeing 2920XM's going for low $200s on eBay. A pretty nice deal if you have a large Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge laptop with plenty of airflow and cooling and want to overclock the stuffing out of it.

Yeah but those are probably second hand 2920XM's. If it retails around 1000$, it's pretty shady. Or they want to lose their stock which is also possible.

I was wondering if we were able to disable spread spectrum somewhere. It could give us few extra points. It's useless anyway in non-office environments.