Missing windows license sticker

Ok, so I just got a refurbished M14xR2, but the license sticker was missing. The price was good (about 1000$) and it still has some months of warranty left. I'm starting to wonder what happened to taht sticker and if there was any chance I could request a replacement one from Dell or MS. The bad thing is, that the hard disk was replaced and there are no backup CD's too. Any ideas except for purchasing all new OEM copy ?

Do those win8 systems even come with a license sticker? I sure haven't noticed any oem license stickers on new win8 PCs.

Any ideas except for purchasing all new OEM copy ?

You could install Windows 7 and it can (most likely) be activated with your bios. Windows 8 PRO (I assume your Notebook came with Win8 Pro) includes downgrade rights to win7.

Well, there is a sticker next to the Core i& on the left side, that says WINDOWS 7

How exactly do you activate with BIOS ??? And how do I obtain Windows 7 CD - maybe ask DELL for them? One more thing - for windows to be legal, doesn't it require the sticker to be on the machine at all times?

You do it the same way dell does it. You require a license file that matches the slic table in your bios and a produkt key that matches the windows version you are installing. Both should be present on the windows 7 dvd dell supplies.

So I just need to contact the local DELL support. I just made a dump of the SLIC table, not sure if I'm gonna need it.

Update:

Contacted local DELL support and they said the can't do nothing about it ! It seems the machine was registered in France and I should contact customer support there. I contacted their chat support, but they gave me a telephone number. It seems I'm gonna have a huge bill this month... Any international e-mail you guys know?

I used SLIC_ToolKit_V3.2 and got a license key, so for the moment just downloaded an untouched OEM copy and it activated by entering the 25 symbols key.

The problem with portability remains. Unfortunately DELL and Microsoft support in my country don't want to help me. Is there any chance I could request the CD's and the COA to be delivered from another country. I tried to contact DELL USA and DELL France and they couldn't help me.

Seems I can't do anything more at the moment. Probably buying a Dell CD and COA sticker off e-bay.