MSI GT780DX with Clevo 7970m bad vbios flash

blablabla1600

Hey everyone,

I'm new here. Coming from NBR forums. I installed a Clevo 7970m to my GT780DX. It was working fine untill I decided to flash it with a Clevo 7970m from a Sager p9370 this morning.. never should have done that.. I now get only a black screen. Fan starts-up but the screen is black. I tried even blind-flashing but nope. It doesn't flash. No log output from atiflash either. What do you suggest? I'm good at soldering skills. @svl7 will resoldering a new bios chip work out? I'm stuck.

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated :)

Best Regards

felix

PS: I'm trying to reply but I can't seem to.

I'll write it here: ok for the bios chip. How much would it cost to send it to Italy? The other option is sending it to you or a friend of mine in France (whom I bought the card). That goes for approx 32€

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Well, if you can't boot from the iGP then that's your only option, unless you know someone with a system which can boot from the Intel HD and reflash your card.

Well, if you can't boot from the iGP then that's your only option, unless you know someone with a system which can boot from the Intel HD and reflash your card.

Thanks svl7 :)

The only options of flashing would be send it to France to a friend of mine (whom I bought the card) and have it flashed with his m18x or send you the card. It would cost me ~32€ approx.

Would sending a bios chip be cheaper? If yes let me know.

felix

Hey svl7

I can't send a PM yet. I'm still a newbee here :):P

Anyway ok for the chip. Send me a PM with the details for the payment and also the email so I can tell you the shipping address. Does it have the Clevo vbios or a Dell vbios? My notebook is a MSI GT780DX just to reconfirm :)

Cheers

felix

svl7

I'm linking a previous post on NBR with a GPU-Z screenshot and vbios rom ;)

http://forum.notebookreview.com/msi/584869-official-msi-gt780-gt783-owners-lounge-425.html#post9155443

I'll PM you the shipping address so to speed up things :)

Is paypal ok? Or do you prefer a Wire Transfer?

Let me know.

Cheers

felix

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm new here (registered mins ago) and a newbie on modding laptop. i got my MSI GT780DX last year and now i'm so desperate to upgrade its GPU to clevo 7970m. so my question is what do i need to prepared for the upgrade? buy a clevo 7970M from ebay? what about the heatsink? will the 7970M fix on my GTX570M heatsink? your advice is highly appreciated.

do u have the bios file of 7970m for MSIGT780DX? mine doesn't working

http://forum.techinferno.com/msi/3075-gt780dxr-doesnt-support-dell-7970m.html

much thanks

Hi mate,

My card is a Clevo 7970m with vbios version 015.019 I hope it works into yours. Here you go:

https://mega.co.nz/#!yccBmZIB!b3p_TRkZEhyIyyiwZkdafj4LiWd4DOGasPWqjGZR22g

Let me know.

felix :)

• 1 year later...