MSI GT70 turbo mode adverse effect ?!

Xen0N

Hello,

I have MSI GT70 gtx 680m, when i ran Furmark benchmark test i got 64 fps on normal, by pressing the turbo mode button the number decreases to 41 fps ! the tempreture is about 78 c after 10 mins.

Any idea what the problem could be ?

Don't use furmark, problem solved. Nvidia cards are known to throttle when running furmark, it's a driver setting. I'm not sure about the benchmark, but at least during the fur stress test - it stresses the voltage supply circuits of the gpu way beyond normal levels and is dangerous to run. As long as you don't have such throttling issues in a test like 3dMark11 then you're fine.

I assume you use the stock vbios? My modified vbios will always be in turbo mode, and I expect the turbo button to have no effect.

Don't use furmark, problem solved. Nvidia cards are known to throttle when running furmark, it's a driver setting. I'm not sure about the benchmark, but at least during the fur stress test - it stresses the voltage supply circuits of the gpu way beyond normal levels and is dangerous to run. As long as you don't have such throttling issues in a test like 3dMark11 then you're fine.

I assume you use the stock vbios? My modified vbios will always be in turbo mode, and I expect the turbo button to have no effect.

Thanks for your reply, and yes i'm using stock vbios. it looks like there's some limitations on my account so i couldn't download your modified vbios.

Anyway, since furmark is not a very good choice can you please link me to a good and safe to use stress program?

Edit: nvm, i found it in sticky threads :sweat:

• 2 weeks later...

Xen0N i have the same problema with my GT 60,

But when I put on Turbo Mode, with stock vbios and oc to 135 (oc limitation) and also the memory,

I test and see that my GPU Clock go back and up 135 to 900 always, but the memory clock works fine, when i disable the turbo mode nothing happens,

Only happend when turbo mode is activated with a little oc,

Im use the MSI Afterburner,

I recently post a thread with my entire problem, just 4 days ago my second gtx680m dies :(

Thanks for help me out!

Regards!

• 3 months later...