Thinkpad E330 - whitelisting

Renovatio

Hey Lenovo-experts,

does anyone know a biosmod for the new Thinkpad E330?

I´d like to use it with an eGPU-setup but I don´t want to do a hotswapping in order to get rid of the whitelisting. Maybe someone knows a bios/software method to remove whitelisting?

I´m not sure whether port 1 is really mPCIe capable or just mSATA but port 2 is definately mPCIe because there sits my wifi at the moment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hi svl7,

my current BIOS is: LENOVO 1.14 (BIOS ID: H3ET31WW), date: 13.07.2012

link to file description: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/h3uj04ww.txt

link to the win7 BIOS update utility with BIOS 1.14: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/h3uj04ww.exe

Do you know how I could find out whether or not my port 2 is mPCIe?

To be honest I have never updated any BIOS and definately never used a tweaked BIOS, so I am kind of a noob on that topic!

How does this work in general? What could go wrong? Is there a way to save a backup of the original BIOS and use that backup in case anything goes wrong with the modded-BIOS?

Sorry for the noob questions but I am new to this :D

Thank you for your help!

• 4 weeks later...
does anyone know a biosmod for the new Thinkpad E330?

I´d like to use it with an eGPU-setup but I don´t want to do a hotswapping in order to get rid of the whitelisting. Maybe someone knows a bios/software method to remove whitelisting?

Try the two anti-whitelisting software methods that come with DIY eGPU Setup 1.x: !Save port and reassign buses. Details at PCIe ports->Anti-whitelist.!Save/Restore .

Try the two anti-whitelisting software methods that come with DIY eGPU Setup 1.x: !Save port and reassign buses. Details at PCIe ports->Anti-whitelist.!Save/Restore .

I tried that but unfortunately it did not help. On my other laptop Setup 1.x works perfectly fine and I really appreciate all the work you have put into that outstanding program!

@svl7: Thank you for giving it a try. I am very busy myself right now so take your time and don´t feel rushed or anything. In the meantime maybe you could answer some of my noobish questions :D

Edit: any news on your system restore?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...