Problem after video card replacement persist after motherboard replacement....

sy5tem

Hello!!

Back about a month ago , i ad my 2 7970m changed because of random freezing problem....

everything was going ok.... except cold boot would sometimes give weird white line and sometimes white square... i kept it like this because once booted it was alright ....

but then ..

dell sent a tech to replace the motherboard. Because A09 flash went wrong....

tech installed new mtb... but surprise first 2 boot gave white square... and now it even append when i reboot sometimes ... and when i try to power off and on again, it take 2 and 3 attempt :(

so , new motherboard with 2 new video card. what could be causing this??

here is a video of the problem

• Founder

Seems like at least one of the video cards are damaged (probably the master one).have dell replace them again, maybe even try pushing for dual 680m exchange. You might get lucky :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

yes, i might try for the 680m , but I've seen user having lots of problem with sli too .... something with the left cable popping out and shorting ..?

this laptop as been opened so many times now , half the plastic pins are broken :( he's like an old dog ... but its only 6 month old